PDA

View Full Version : Technical Support

centos
11-17-2004, 09:24 AM
How will you evaluate your Technical Support?

ASP-Hosting.ca
11-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Our technical support is excellent :cool:

NS-Icon
11-20-2004, 10:56 PM
There are various methods you can use to evaluate your technical support. Below are just some of the possible methods which you could adopt:

1) Use a ticket support system which allows for reply ratings which will tell you which support reps are providing the best support to the clients.

2) Setup a regular newsletter for your current members and ask them to provide you with regular feedback on the service and where improvements can be made.

3) Setup undercover company staff to randomly contact your support services and evaluate the level of support the technician provided, kind of like auditing.

There may be others, but the above are all that come to mind at the moment. Maybe other DH (DiscussHosting) board members may be able to contribute to the above list :)

fawh
11-21-2004, 03:50 PM
This is a good thread. A lot of clients and sales could be lost with poor support.

There are various methods you can use to evaluate your technical support. Below are just some of the possible methods which you could adopt:

1) Use a ticket support system which allows for reply ratings which will tell you which support reps are providing the best support to the clients.

2) Setup a regular newsletter for your current members and ask them to provide you with regular feedback on the service and where improvements can be made.

3) Setup undercover company staff to randomly contact your support services and evaluate the level of support the technician provided, kind of like auditing.

There may be others, but the above are all that come to mind at the moment. Maybe other DH (DiscussHosting) board members may be able to contribute to the above list :)

That's good advise. Do you find one of these methods more effective? I sometimes test a web host's support through their chat, email or phone.

ASP-Hosting.ca
11-21-2004, 03:53 PM
This is a good thread. A lot of clients and sales could be lost with poor support.

That's good advise. Do you find one of these methods more effective? I sometimes test a web host's support through their chat, email or phone.

I don't think providing chat or phone support is cost-effective for any hosting business, unless the price are really high or the support is bad...

NS-Icon
11-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Hi,

We currently do not adopt any of those methods; we are planning on introducing the ticket rating system and some sort of rating system for our instant messenger support as we find a large number of clients find that very convenient.

I would agree that introducing phone support may not be cost effective, but chat support can be easily introduced even if this is carried out yourself. At times if you are around your computer throughout the day, you can easily answer customer queries which may only take a few minutes to resolve.

Not only does this provide fast support but it also reduces the load of smaller issues from the ticket support. :rolleyes: