PDA

View Full Version : Can I host my own website at home?

davidcollins6
03-29-2013, 02:15 AM
Hello Friends!
I asked you about hosting. I want to HOST my website in my home like google, hostgator, yahoo, facebook etc
what would i do to host my domain name in my home. i have a domain name and i want to host its all files data all things just like my computer. so what wold i do.

Thanks

Note:
My English is not good enough. So if i had mistake in my words please forgive me.

JerrickYeoh
04-23-2013, 02:49 AM
Even google , hostgator , yahoo and facebook not host their site in their home. They host with their own data center.
You need to register domain name with registrar and hosting provider and you need to register it in order to own it . But even you paid it and trademark it , doest mean that domain is permanent yours. Domains time period can be expired.
For the hosting , you can host at home by manage your own server at home , but this is not recommend cause it high risk , low availability , lack of expertise and high cost maintenance.

gailismay
04-28-2013, 11:56 AM
It is very expensive to host your own website in the house, first you need to buy a server which you will never switch it off, apart from that you need a dedicated internet to make sure you website will never go offline.

theshawnchin
05-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Hey I recommend WEBHOSTPAKISTAN.COM, provide very reliable and cheap rates web hosting and domain registration services.