PDA

View Full Version : Support nightmares

MarbleHost.com
10-07-2007, 03:25 AM
OK, so sometimes a host has to go above and beyond such as poke around the coding a little for a client to see if anything stands out that is causing the conflict for them.

Beyond that, we all have had some event occur where we troubleshot something technical for a friend, family member, employer, stranger, client, or even for ourselves via search engine searches and browsing over many manuals.

So let's here 'em.

What was your hardest/worst/funniest technical support issue?

(And more importantly, how it was resolved in case anyone reading has the same issue!)

Dougy
10-24-2007, 03:34 PM
I had a bunch of servers, 7 of them exactly.

I had about 120 VPS's between them.

4 of the servers were attacked and blew their hard drives (ironic isn't it?) and I had tons of customers calling and complaining.

I had to spend an entire day trying to copy their data over from the old drives to the new and get them back up. Talk about a lot of money lost and a bunch of angry customers. :eek:

EliW
01-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Wow... that must of really been bad... The only thing that's really happened to me in the last year or so was a clients script didnt want to work on one of my servers, so i spent a good 24+ hours recoding the script for him... Seeing as im not a php professional, it was a nightmare :-p... Although at the end of the day it felt good to hear that we had the best customer service he's ever had hehe.

~ServerPoint~
01-17-2008, 04:30 AM
I think that problem have been solved already. Just have3 a look on date the first post was made.

Deem Host
07-31-2012, 05:20 PM
yup very true, problem will be automatically solved if your avail.