PDA

View Full Version : PayPal

khaosan
12-18-2007, 04:47 AM
Has PayPal or any other payment gateway ever been hacked?

dhosting
12-18-2007, 07:40 AM
There have been security holes etc not hacked as in physically taken over as far as i'm aware.

But as with any major site there are always spam emails flying around the net.

mr_brain
01-02-2008, 12:08 PM
No, my account has never been hacked. But customers order and pay. then say, their account was hacked.

~ServerPoint~
01-03-2008, 02:09 AM
Never heard such stories. Have heard that accounts were stolen.

mavines
01-03-2008, 01:48 PM
If customer says - an account was hacked and payment was done without permission, I suppose there is no way to catch a lie here. Any way if this happens in 30 days refund term, you should refund...

And if you ask considering PayPal's engine security, I read an article about the PayPal hack, which happens some when at 2000th (or may be at the end of 1990th), when PayPal just started as an eBay payment service. The article was about the PayPal hack, it described the hack and it was told that 2 000 CC numbers were stolen due to this hack. But for now this was the only article I heard about PayPal's weakness. May be the article was just provocative against the PayPal. Any way once I've lost $300 just on suspended account. But for now I am still using PayPal because it is much cheaper than other payment services.

bermuda
01-05-2008, 12:28 PM
PayPal is getting more and more secure regularly. Any suspicious activities or reports, changes in IP address, will need phone contact for verification and activation. Also, they are adding to their support staff to help people having problems by phone more quickly.

mavines
01-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Sometimes these security options becomes annoying. When I have my account suspended, phone call did not solve the issue. I had to fax my IDs and invoices. But In fact there where nothing wrong with my account. They just suspected something in incoming transaction.

I truly hope, for now PayPal is more flexible for security issues than 2 years ago...

~ServerPoint~
01-17-2008, 04:41 AM
If you brake one of their rule you will be panished. And depending your business level your account might never be restored.
They are big enough and happy to cry about you loosing.

beveiliging
02-13-2008, 06:20 AM
Paypal and other companies are very strict regarding security rules.
They monitor everything from ip address till number of failed login and then take related action.
They are many story and positive and negative but i have good experience with PayPal. However their support could be better.

ReliableServers
03-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Not sure if they have been hacked and had customer info leaked, but there are tons of phishing emails where the people jack your paypal info etc.

~ServerPoint~
03-13-2008, 05:08 AM
Yes I have тиутт getting the same and as rure the are earrived to non paypal email.

MikeDVB
03-28-2008, 11:25 PM
I once had somebody take over my old personal PayPal account. I had what I felt to be a strong password and only used it from time to time when I had something to sell on eBay. I hadn't used it in 6 months when suddenly I got e-mails from PayPal telling me that there were holds placed on recent transactions and that I needed to re-verify my account. There was a bank account added to my PayPal and $3000 moved in from one PayPal account and then out to the new Bank Account, and then a chargeback/refund by the original sender which left my account at -3000.

It took about two weeks to clear up, thankfully I hadn't needed to use the account during that period.

BBVPS
03-08-2009, 10:17 AM
if you keep your security serious , no one will be able to hack your paypal password.

MikeDVB
03-08-2009, 08:52 PM
if you keep your security serious , no one will be able to hack your paypal password.

Way to re-open a nearly year-old thread... :)

LaneHost
03-26-2009, 01:02 AM
perhaps missed it :)

111host
03-26-2009, 07:20 AM

Yup, you are right

Oracle
05-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Paypal has never been hacked from what I know. The only way someone could hack/crack into your paypal account is if your very careless with your password or your password is very insecure.

So make a good password and change it every once in a while and you should be fine.

Oracle
05-15-2009, 02:37 AM
PayPal is the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online. The service allows anyone to pay in any way they prefer, including through credit cards, easier way to make an online payment or set up a merchant account.

arslan220
07-11-2009, 05:44 AM
i dont thinks so but i read in a forum that paypal account id was hacked by someone.

tprogex
07-24-2009, 05:55 AM
If you will keep recomendations.Your acount will have no problem.
1.strog password lenght minimum 7 2.non vecabluary word. 3 nonalfanumerical charter
4.and have no spyware in comp in wich you type password. 5. dedect ssl before password typing.6 . dont save password dont check cheack box remember password.

Regards
ProgX (http://www.progx)
Software Application Development (http://www.progx)
website construction (http://www.progx)

Natcoweb.com
07-28-2009, 05:01 AM
I think that Paypal system is rather safe, you may come across data theft cases even with banks.
There's also IP protection, if you are trying to access your account using a different IP address from the one that you have used to register , it will be immediately blocked.
Paypal uses uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer). SSL uses unbreakable 128-bit encryption, at least.

loraindeniso3
09-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Yes, PayPal or other payment gateway can be hacked.I found out today that someone hacked into my PayPal account and made a $650 purchase. It only came to my attention because I just happened to check my bank website for my balance, and when I saw how much was missing I checked my recent transactions and there it was. I then logged into my PayPal account and it started prompting me to change my password and how my account had been compromised by a 3rd party....

HostEase
09-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Paypal has never been hacked.What you need to do is that you have make a strong password for your Paypal account.

Strong password is a kind one that can’t be guessed or hacked easily. Strong password should qualify these characteristics:
1)at least 8 characters;
2)not including the whole or part of user account name;
3) at least including three kinds characters such as
4)uppercase、lowercase、numbers, and symbols on the keyboard (such as !、@、#);
5)can’t be looked up in the dictionary; not a command name;
6) not a name of human; not the account name; not a computer name;
7) modify regularly;
8)distinctly different with before

TSExperts
09-19-2009, 04:17 PM
^ very good advice a strong password and changing a often will help a lot...

Asmar
09-20-2009, 04:33 AM
For maximum security you should keep changing your password on weekly basis!

HostEase
09-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Definitely,make sure your security you should keep changing your password regularly.

bhumphries
10-13-2009, 08:01 PM
I once had somebody take over my old personal PayPal account. I had what I felt to be a strong password and only used it from time to time when I had something to sell on eBay. I hadn't used it in 6 months when suddenly I got e-mails from PayPal telling me that there were holds placed on recent transactions and that I needed to re-verify my account. There was a bank account added to my PayPal and $3000 moved in from one PayPal account and then out to the new Bank Account, and then a chargeback/refund by the original sender which left my account at -3000.

It took about two weeks to clear up, thankfully I hadn't needed to use the account during that period.

Years back I had this happen before. It can be a real pain to get it all sorted, but it has happened.

grateful
10-26-2009, 03:28 AM
Gosh! It will be really scary for us if our passwords are being hacked! As far as I know,paypal is the most secure of all payment processing system. It has a great record over the years and is doing good until today. Hope it doesn't happen to us!

~ServerPoint~
10-26-2009, 05:56 AM
Gosh! It will be really scary for us if our passwords are being hacked! As far as I know,paypal is the most secure of all payment processing system. It has a great record over the years and is doing good until today. Hope it doesn't happen to us!

That's why I recommend you use several payment systems

clint999
01-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Way to re-open a nearly year-old thread...

Jet1337
03-14-2010, 09:08 PM
paypal is best

kimberly3309
03-23-2010, 06:10 AM
PayPal is the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online. I think any one can't hack this.

Link Building (http://www.micrositez.co.uk/link-building-packages.html)

robcortez1787
03-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Is it possible for PAYPAL to have to accounts in a bank?

kimberly3309
03-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Paypal is the one of the most secure website for online transaction. I think no one can be hack.

Link Building (http://www.micrositez.co.uk/link-building-packages.html)

Adley
03-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi,

I think paypal is safe,provides the best security than others and that's the reason it is having more customers ..

Thank you

kyles
04-01-2010, 12:23 AM
My friend's account recently get hacked but and lost her money in it but in few days it was returned after she informed the in charge... which is...GOOD JOB

robert88
04-01-2010, 12:10 PM
I have been using paypal for years now for my small online business and all I can say is two thumbs up! I think the fees are one of the most reasonable there is.

jhonas
01-19-2011, 02:41 AM
Thanks i like your answer!!

Corrazon
01-20-2011, 07:47 AM
I think paypal is safe,provides the best security than others and that's the reason it is having more customers ..

shandy7894
01-28-2011, 04:13 AM
There have been security holes etc not hacked as in physically taken over as far as i'm aware.But as with any major site there are always spam emails flying around the net.

Snoopy
02-11-2011, 02:42 AM
There have been security holes etc not hacked as in physically taken over as far as i'm aware.But as with any major site there are always spam emails flying around the net.

Wow. that's weird as for big payment machine

victorcloyd551
04-02-2012, 05:12 AM
You must have a paypal account if you have the online transactions in terms of the money. Using the Paypal can help in a great deal.

ronniesilva751
04-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Using Paypal is a big time benefit for the persons who have to deal with the online transaction. It is getting more and more secured day by day.

Manov
05-16-2012, 01:20 AM
I heard Paypal is not good.

ajaxme
05-20-2012, 10:14 PM
is recommended to change the password often mix letters and numbers, is more difficult for someone to set the password.

tavioncurry69
09-10-2012, 05:48 AM
Not certain if they have been hacked and had client info disclosed, but then again there are tons of phishing correspondences where the persons jack your PayPal info.

abhishekabhi
09-13-2012, 05:03 AM
HI

paypal is application its used for many transaction.

jameslabonte78
10-02-2012, 05:57 AM
I never heard about Hack of pay pal...it's the safe way i ever used..

Clarence
10-04-2012, 03:02 AM
How do I get paypal verified without bank account or credit card?

Bluesky94
11-02-2016, 05:57 AM
PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system. Online money transfers serve as electronic alternatives to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders. PayPal is one of the world's largest Internet payment companies.The company operates as a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites and other commercial users, for which it charges a fee.