PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a reseller account with the following..

BeamBoy
01-02-2005, 06:14 AM
I am looking for a reseller account with the following..

-Must be parked on fast dual proccessor servers ... Xeon? My sites aren't very big but speed is important to me. It would be nice to have redundancy.--Must be a solid company I can lookup information on
-Linux, Unlimited MYSQL accounts, PHP, CGI...the usual extras
-No Adult content on server
-1 to 5 gig space
-1 IP Address, unlimited domains
-High reliability up time
-Regular Backups
-Billing for hosting customers?
-Fantastico Deluxe, Latest CPanelX, Scripta?, WHM, I need a provider who will install some scripts for me including the newest Votrtex Portal2 from VortexPortal.net and a couple Mambo installs and insure they function.
-Need support to be available within a reasonable time if needed. I don't usually need much support.
-60 gb monthly transfer
-Budget is about $200.00 per year or less
-Would prefer to host in Canada or US

I can pay for a year at a time through Paypal,

Thanks for the replies ahead of time,

2mhost.com
01-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Hi,

I'm not do marketing to my company as our prices is more than your budget. so you can consider it general advice for resellers:

Do NOT take plans with unlimited domain names. why?
let we calculate it, you can get good dual-xeon today for $300/mo, and you look to pay around $18/mo, so the provider need to put at least 20 reseller account per server to cover his costs. then how many accounts want to use? 100 .. 200 .. 300 domains? ok, let we assume that every one of the 20 reseller will put 100 domain name.

now how many domains per server? 20 x 100 = 2000 domains.

do you expect fast server and even %95 uptime?

BeamBoy
01-02-2005, 08:05 PM
I appreciate the advice, your right I am looking to be parked on a server or servers that are not over loaded. I will probably resell only 3 or 4 hosting sites for friends, I have a bunch of my own sites, but there really isn't much traffic between all my sites I might get 40,000 page hits per month. I really only need to be able to park 10 or 20 low traffic sites.

Mosf of the hosting companies seam to be affiliates or have no company information available. I am looking for a company that will be around for years to come and a company who provides great support.

I'm still looking

Thanks

BeamBoy
01-04-2005, 01:15 AM
I have selected a host, Thanks

1PlanHost
01-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Congrats on finding a new host. Let us know your experience after a few months with them. Great hosts always appreciate positive feedback from happy customers.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!