PDA

View Full Version : It is hard to find unlimited domains hosting using windows

jandwh
10-15-2004, 04:15 PM
It is hard to find unlimited domains hosting using windows with that range.

1PlanHost
10-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Agreed,

How about starting up some new threads?

Nightmarex started this thread back in June and surely he has found his unlimited dream host by now. :)

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

Ron
12-23-2004, 10:57 PM
I'm currently a reseller with MDS-Host.com. $39.95 +$25.00 setup fee. Unlimited everything except for space and bandwidth.

In general, they are good but when their web server crashed, I had to rebuild all of my accounts by hand in the control panel before they would restore the data. Even today, I have problems that resulted directly from the server crash.

That being said, and not intended as a slam against them, I must agree that they had too many websites per server and the server crash was a direct result of trying to do too much on a single box. (registry corruption was the cause of the crash)

Windows sucks and if you want to host more than a few hundred websites, you have to do it correctly and most ISP's don't. At work, we run IIS on a server (set of servers), SQL Server on their own boxes and email on their own boxes. This makes Windows happy since there isn't as much crap to deal with. We are also a large company that is not in the web hosting business.. (reselling is my hobby, not my day job)

1PlanHost
01-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Be careful about "Unimited Domains" as well as those policies tend to overcrowd servers as do unlimited space and bandwidth. In truth there is no such thing as unlimited and every server has it's limits. You are correct that Windows servers often get the bad rap due to trying to do to much on one box that is not properly configured. At 1PlanHost.com we sometimes get passed over due to our limitations but then those same customers eventually come to us after experiencing downtime elsewhere. In the reselling business, your clients depend on you to provide reliabilty as well as security and performance so chose your reseller provider carefully.

Khun
01-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Agreed,

How about starting up some new threads?

Nightmarex started this thread back in June and surely he has found his unlimited dream host by now. :)

Ohh! I think this thread has been separate from
http://www.discusshosting.com/showthread.php?t=507

BTW, I've sent some PM to you 1planhost. do you read it yet? :)

1PlanHost
01-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Yes, something weird happened to this thread and parts from another got thrown into it.

I have replied to your PMs yesterday.

ASP-Hosting.ca
01-06-2005, 02:59 PM
No such thing as unlimited hosting exists. The sole fact that many "companies" offer unlimited this and that, doesn't mean that they will leave up to their promises.

1PlanHost
01-31-2005, 12:13 AM
And they quickly go out of business due to those unlimited policies as well. Smart customers know there is value in the reliability and stability of web hosts and unlimited this or that is a recipe for disaster

ASP-Hosting.ca
02-14-2005, 12:17 PM
And they quickly go out of business due to those unlimited policies as well. Smart customers know there is value in the reliability and stability of web hosts and unlimited this or that is a recipe for disaster

For any company that went out of business, there are 10 new of the same kind or worse ;)

1PlanHost
02-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Yes, unfortunately that is so true.

ASP-Hosting.ca
03-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Unfortunately the average hosting customer is not as well educated as we wanted it to be...

juliansmith
06-10-2005, 12:54 PM
The ULTIMATE Hosting Solution for Resellers and SEO. Much better than a dedicated server.

* Pay a flat $50/mo and add up to 5,000 Sites! That's ALL you pay!
* Manage all your sites from a single Control Panel.
* Custom Branded End-User Control Panel
* Multiple Class-C Blocks Available
* Each site randomly provisioned to one of hundreds of servers
* Unlimited domain aliases, subdomains
* Unlimited email accounts with webmail (IMAP and POP)
* 20 GB Data Transfer PER SITE! (That's a total of 100,000GIG bandwidth for all sites)
* 500 MB disk space PER SITE!
* Multiple Redundant Gig-E Network
* PHP, Perl, CGI, Front Page extentions included! (Fully customize your PHP settings)
* FTP over SSL. (Use a standard FTP application or the File Manager available in the Control Panel)
* 24/7 Tech Support.
* Instant Online Setup. No Contracts.
* Better Business Bureau Member
* We accept credit cards and PayPal
* You can fully test drive our control panel BEFORE submiting payment information.
* Instant Online Activation! No contract!

http://www.hostland.com

1PlanHost
06-10-2005, 05:05 PM
While we appreciate your exciting offer, please ONLY list offers in the "Hosting Offers" section of this forum and reserve posting in the other sections to related topics. Thank you

dogotek
07-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Windows SUCKS $$$$

WebEdit
08-02-2005, 01:17 AM
Uh oh! Do I feel a Windows vs. Linux showdown coming on? I've seen some TCO (total cost of ownership) studies that Microsoft commissioned and they say that when you look at it really hard you find Microsoft is cheaper. I think for some specific cases it is true as well.

If you have a company that needs to be able to do certain kinds of things for which there just aren't any Linux applications available to do it and you don't have the development team or the money to spend getting applications custom built then Windows can be cheaper.

Still, don't get me wrong. Windows and Microsoft software in general is erratic in its behavior and sometimes it drives me crazy. However, Microsoft's biggest competitor is pirated Microsoft software so they must be doing something right.

I can't fight against Apache but I've tried to do something for poor old Bill here... ;)

johnnyangel
07-18-2006, 06:59 AM
Be careful about "Unimited Domains"

yeah yeah 1planhost - easier to slate OTHER peoples services than defend your own incompetence! Or maybe you haven't seen the blog at 1planhostsucks.blogspot.com (http://1planhostsucks.blogspot.com)

I don't know how you dare post on these boards when 1planhost don't even honor your refund promises

NS-Icon
09-30-2006, 08:51 AM
internetserveru, please ensure you do not self-advertise in posts as this will get you banned for abusing server rules. Please ensure you only post in the requests and offers section of the forum only.

MXHUB
10-01-2006, 12:38 AM
johnnyangel, keep to the topic. Don't derail.

cbdarts
10-01-2006, 06:01 AM
Doesnt look like he's far off the topic - if unlimited domains is an anomaly so is bad refunds.

But I disagree - plenty of good hosting providers cite unlimited domains, so its not really unusual. Unlimited b/w, or disk space I understand we must be careful about.

ASP-Hosting.ca
10-13-2006, 01:41 PM
When I started my hosting business, I was looking for "unlimited" reseller account too. I found one, and for a couple of months I put over 60 domains there. In the beginning everything was OK, until the server filled-up and then everything went downhill from there. The IIS/Mail Server/FTP were down several times a week, my customers were unhappy and I moved to my own dedicated server. This was the best decision I've ever made as far as hosting is concerned. I fully managed dedicated server might cost 10 times more than cheap reseller account, but it's worth it.