PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Ups the Server Game for Xbox One

magiccn
05-27-2013, 05:44 AM
What will the Xbox One’s data infrastructure be like? Imagine 30 thousand fully powered servers and you have your answer.

A report from ARS Technica recently shed light on the issue.

The statistic marks a significant increase for the company as Xbox Live was originally powered by just 500 servers when it debuted back in 2002, according to Data Center Knowledge.

Today, meanwhile, Microsoft utilizes 15 thousand to power the modern Xbox Live platform – something the tech provider will work to increase when Xbox One arrives sometime this fall.

Microsoft’s newest gaming console will rely on more cloud capabilities.

According to a report from Venture Beat in November of 2011, Microsoft used a 700,000-square foot data center in the Chicago area with 11 diesel generators to power Xbox Live along with other key Microsoft servers.

The company’s upcoming console was initially rumored to require always-on connectivity. That rumor, however, later proved to be not true.

theshawnchin
07-15-2013, 03:58 AM
i think Microsoft have create all VPS Server for Games . because Bill Gates says I not Need to depend on anyone.

Markgibson431
07-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Today, meanwhile, Microsoft utilizes 15 thousand to power the modern Xbox Live platform – something the tech provider will work to increase when Xbox One arrives sometime this fall.

ThomasB
08-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Well Microsoft sort of messed up in my eyes with the policies they were trying to implement, and then taking it all back and changing the Xbox One hardware once they realized how much they're losing to PS4, it just seems so desperate. Eventually I might get an Xbox One but not anytime soon, I'm saving my money for Playstation

greenwoove
11-15-2013, 04:54 AM
Never played fighting games on 360, only ps3. Besides the d-pad sucking on 360, the placement of it seems to be harder to fluidly do the motions on. It seems better on ps3's controller/ PS3 Accessories (http://www.moonarstore.com/ps3-accessories-c-328_330.html). What do people think? Not really concerned with the 360 controller not working on the Xbox One so much as the presence of 3rd party controllers. Usually they're complete crap, but sometimes 3rd party controllers are a necessity. On my PS3, I use a 3rd party controller shaped like a 360 controller because of the superior triggers and joystick positioning. My 360 I use 2 3rd party controllers along with my 2 original when I'm boosting achievements online. My biggest concern is that the new xbox 360 controller accessories (http://www.moonarstore.com/xbox-360-accessories-c-328_329.html) can looks uncomfortable to hold. The grips are thinner and pushed out a further angle than the 360 controller. It's almost like a PS3 controller, which we all know are super uncomfortable to use.