PDA

View Full Version : What make a company reliable?

hostingITrust
05-03-2008, 03:18 PM
I see so many people asking for a reliable hosting company. What in your opinion are the factors that makes a company reliable?

m8internet
05-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Clearly it is uptime or downtime that people are refering to
Personally I look at the uptime record for the previous 12 months

Martie
05-04-2008, 06:01 PM
I see so many people asking for a reliable hosting company. What in your opinion are the factors that makes a company reliable?

Prompt service, including support and good uptime. :D

Callisto
05-05-2008, 04:05 AM
1)Experience in the industry
2)concept behind company's business
3)efficient stuff
4)advanced technologies employed
All the rest of the things mentioned in the posts above are just the outcomes of these factors.
I'm just trying to analize what makes companies like Rackspace.com and Serverpoint.com successful and that's probably the factors I've mentioned.

bob
05-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Excellent service & support and successful teamwork altogether make it reliable.

~ServerPoint~
05-13-2008, 09:44 AM
I think the complex of factors such as
- customer service
- utime
- value of money.
I believe that everyone have his own list...

Bobby
05-15-2008, 05:06 AM
I think it's good uptime, top notch services and low prices.
These words I'd address to MarbleHost.com services.

~ServerPoint~
05-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Bobby, what are low for you? I think that this is different for every web master. IMO. And if it is low for you it can be not low for everyone

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-21-2008, 05:05 PM
I think it's good uptime, top notch services and low prices.
These words I'd address to MarbleHost.com services.

Low prices don't make a hosting company reliable. Good service and 100% uptime does.

~ServerPoint~
05-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Low prices don't make a hosting company reliable.
And no one webhosting company can offer good service for very cheap price and you just need to understand that.

Dimension4
05-26-2008, 04:56 PM
If the owner and staff have a passion for what they are doing, it will certainly show in their service to their customers. If they treat it like "just any business", well that will also show in their service to their customers.

Vec&sec
05-27-2008, 02:42 AM
I think that company must be in business for long time + provide great service + have good uptime

management
06-08-2008, 04:08 PM

Uptime and support. However for me uptime is much more important.

Bobby
06-12-2008, 07:29 AM
Low prices don't make a hosting company reliable. Good service and 100% uptime does.
100% uptime is impossible thing. Anything may occur with a dedi and if the company is sincere with their customers, it'll never guarantee that that's why MarbleHost.com states about that openly.

dexter
07-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Reliability is a very questionable subject.
Even big companies that use a bunch of diesel generators and customer support, companies that have been around for decades can get a big bang in the data center and leave thousands of customers without their servers and businesses.. Example just took place about a month ago with one very well known provider..

~ServerPoint~
07-15-2008, 02:10 AM
Could you please share the name of the company it took place with?

Xoote
07-15-2008, 10:17 AM
good uptime, Prompt service, including support

Hoster
07-26-2008, 02:52 AM
Attributes of reliability, Hoster's version:

-Long time Experience, supported with good reviews and feedbacks from people who tried.
-The own datacenter(s), making the company less dependent.
-Constant Uptime, which usually follows quality and reliable hardware and conditions of its location
- Clear and easy-to-understand TOS, excluding hidden fees. Everything myst be clear, Hidden is near to Scam
- REAL price and offer, corresponding the market situaltion. 'Unlimited' for ~$20/year - is NOT GOOD.
- Free additional features. If company can provide free features, like website builder, domain names, parking, etc. that means it can afford it-> is Stable.
- Mutifaceted: extra services, like SEO and Administration are very big +.
- Well-known. The companies which no one knows could not have enough experience.
- Fast respond for support. If your ticket is not responded AT LEAST within 24 hrs - leave this provider.

That is all, I think.
Cheers

Layersolution
07-28-2008, 10:08 AM
I feel

- Service {Either uptime,customer care}

- Price {Even if it is high }

- Quality

sojankf
08-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Choosing the right host is a very important decision. I've compiled a short list of do's and don't when it comes to web hosting.

1) UNLIMITED features. Rarely trust companies that offer unlimited space/bandwidth etc. as this is blatant overselling. When was the last time you saw an unlimited hard drive?! Companies that offer unlimited hosting features may not be around long and their other services tend to suffer - e.g. support.

2) Free hosting. Be wary of free hosts, particularly ones that seem to be giving far too good a deal to you - they probably are. The Webmaster-talk forums are regularly spammed with free hosting, and one that keeps cropping up is called ********.com. I urge you to ignore this as a highly reputable hosts do not spam forums!

3) Your ACTUAL needs. You might be excited by hosts that offer 5GB of storage space and 1000GB (1TB) of bandwidth for very low prices, but you should at the very least be wary of such companies. Besides the con issue, ask yourself - do you even need such large resources? For most small companies and individuals starting up, a maximum of 500MB web storage space and roughly 5GB bandwidth will be adequate. Once your site is up and running, you will be able to see whether you do need more or not and if necessary, you can upgrade. Some hosts (hostmonster.com being an example) seem to offer incredible packages for very low amounts of money. However, companies like this are often unreliable and may end up throwing you off their server if you start using these extreme amounts of resources. See tip no. 5 for solution.

4) Do your research. It's very important to do adequate resource on whichever host you choose: don't just take their word for everything. Check what the technology experts are saying on the issue (e.g. look through reputable technology magazines for reviews). BE CAREFUL WHEN SEARCHING REVIEW SITES - THEY USUALLY EARN COMMISSION FOR EACH SIGNUP SO WILL PUSH THE HIGHEST BIDDING HOST!! While it sounds infantile, type queries like "..... .com sucks" and also search through their own support forums (assuming they have them) to see how quickly issues are resolved. Try contacting their support or sales departments with questions to get a good perspective of their response times. Remember, if their sales department take a while before they have your custom, imagine how long they may take when they do have your custom!

5) When your needs outweight most plans. If you've outgrown your current plan and you are using very large resource amounts, it may be time to think about renting out a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or a Dedicated Server. I emphasize that this will not be necessary unless you are receiving a lot of visitors (traffic) and unless you are storing a very large amount of data (e.g. hundreds of photos, movies or software downloads). VPS' are now relatively cheap and combine reliability with speed and of course more space and bandwidth. A typical entry VPS may offer you 10GB storage and 100GB bandwidth. If you have extreme needs and you are already running a very busy site, you may even contemplate renting out a Dedicated server from a hosting company. Dedicated servers are computers entirely dedicated to your own web site and are very reliable (if you choose the right host) but are overkill for the vast majority of people.

robert25
08-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Uptime
Support
Contact Options
Money back guarantee
Esafe certifications
Genuine Reviews
Thats my views check out explorewebhosts.com for most reliable web hosts.

Rand1324
08-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Normally what I look for is good uptime, quality support, good reviews, what you provide in your service like cPanel, Fantastico Deluxe, and cheap prices. That's basically what all the hosting companies should provide. Some companies do have it's own unique ability.

discusshostingadmin
08-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Web hosts that don't spam forums...

robert25
08-06-2008, 12:33 PM
1)Experience in the industry
2)concept behind company's business
3)efficient stuff
4)advanced technologies employed
All the rest of the things mentioned in the posts above are just the outcomes of these factors.
I'm just trying to analize what makes companies like Rackspace.com and Serverpoint.com successful and that's probably the factors I've mentioned.

Do appreciate your points.like to add more.
uptime,reputation etc

arslan220
07-11-2009, 05:42 AM
uptime there deal of they are giving to you.

Steve07
07-22-2009, 08:20 PM

I my opinion these factor are:
1. High Uptime
2. Professional 24/7 Customer Tech Support.
3. Clients security.
4. Affordable Price

Jenie0109
07-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Two Aspects....

Reliability and Affordability :)

Lenovo
08-10-2009, 05:56 AM
hello and welcome to the best fta site on the net. We are glad you are here and hope you enjoy this great site. Thanks for being here
comparatif simulation taux credit auto (http://simulationcreditauto.net) - Taux crédit auto. Comparatif des offres! Les meilleurs taux crédit auto sont sur le net !comparatif simulation taux credit auto (http://simulationcreditauto.net)

thewebhostingdi
08-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Maximum uptime guarantee, excellent customer support, Affordable price

ItsJustHosting
08-10-2009, 07:50 PM

First is uptime, and server speed. And if those two ever fail, one would expect great support to kick in and save the day.

TurnKeyInternet
08-25-2009, 01:50 PM

There network uptime, the quickness of their support, and the level of their data center. You need clients that take professional care with their networks, staff, etc.

arslan220
10-02-2009, 03:15 AM
uptime i think so makes a company relaible.

kimboy
05-05-2011, 07:03 AM
Normally what I look for is good uptime, quality support, good reviews, what you provide in your service like cPanel, Fantastico Deluxe, and cheap prices. That's basically what all the hosting companies should provide. Some companies do have it's own unique ability.

carenstanley
05-31-2011, 03:43 AM
customers reviews will make a company reliable, Create a page for users reviews and publish original users real comments with complete details that will helps to make the company reliable (if they give reliable service).

HenryWilson
06-02-2011, 08:54 AM
The Best Web Hosting Services Offer the necessary services needed for the customers, live technical support and customer satisfaction.

zita
08-25-2011, 07:47 AM
Well, reliably refers to the uptime or downtime of a Servers...
Please prefer good uptime servers..

emma.sophia
08-26-2011, 03:39 AM
On a clear or downtime that people relate to
Personally, I consider the balance of availability for the previous 12 months

thomasceely12
09-17-2011, 02:18 AM
The owners and the employees of a company are the most responsible ones for the success of a company and they must have the clear goals and passion to work.

JohnGarcia
09-20-2011, 03:15 AM
I feel, few are important factors to make your business more reliable and those are
1) The customer service
2) The quality and durability of your product.
3) Price or product.
And
4) Guaranty of products.

Steven Moore
09-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Customers! Only customers make a company reliable. If they trust company and if they like everything this company offers that this company is reliable. By the way, I know such company - PlexHosted (http://plexhosted.com)

Hosted SharePoint 2010 (http://plexhosted.com) | Hosted Exchange (http://plexhosted.com) | Web Hosting (http://plexhosted.com)

iqbal77
09-23-2011, 05:21 AM
Choosing the right host is a very important decision. I've compiled a short list of do's and don't when it comes to web hosting.

1) UNLIMITED features. Rarely trust companies that offer unlimited space/bandwidth etc. as this is blatant overselling. When was the last time you saw an unlimited hard drive?! Companies that offer unlimited hosting features may not be around long and their other services tend to suffer - e.g. support.

2) Free hosting. Be wary of free hosts, particularly ones that seem to be giving far too good a deal to you - they probably are. The Webmaster-talk forums are regularly spammed with free hosting, and one that keeps cropping up is called ********.com. I urge you to ignore this as a highly reputable hosts do not spam forums!

3) Your ACTUAL needs. You might be excited by hosts that offer 5GB of storage space and 1000GB (1TB) of bandwidth for very low prices, but you should at the very least be wary of such companies. Besides the con issue, ask yourself - do you even need such large resources? For most small companies and individuals starting up, a maximum of 500MB web storage space and roughly 5GB bandwidth will be adequate. Once your site is up and running, you will be able to see whether you do need more or not and if necessary, you can upgrade. Some hosts (hostmonster.com being an example) seem to offer incredible packages for very low amounts of money. However, companies like this are often unreliable and may end up throwing you off their server if you start using these extreme amounts of resources. See tip no. 5 for solution.

4) Do your research. It's very important to do adequate resource on whichever host you choose: don't just take their word for everything. Check what the technology experts are saying on the issue (e.g. look through reputable technology magazines for reviews). BE CAREFUL WHEN SEARCHING REVIEW SITES - THEY USUALLY EARN COMMISSION FOR EACH SIGNUP SO WILL PUSH THE HIGHEST BIDDING HOST!! While it sounds infantile, type queries like "..... .com sucks" and also search through their own support forums (assuming they have them) to see how quickly issues are resolved. Try contacting their support or sales departments with questions to get a good perspective of their response times. Remember, if their sales department take a while before they have your custom, imagine how long they may take when they do have your custom!

5) When your needs outweight most plans. If you've outgrown your current plan and you are using very large resource amounts, it may be time to think about renting out a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or a Dedicated Server. I emphasize that this will not be necessary unless you are receiving a lot of visitors (traffic) and unless you are storing a very large amount of data (e.g. hundreds of photos, movies or software downloads). VPS' are now relatively cheap and combine reliability with speed and of course more space and bandwidth. A typical entry VPS may offer you 10GB storage and 100GB bandwidth. If you have extreme needs and you are already running a very busy site, you may even contemplate renting out a Dedicated server from a hosting company. Dedicated servers are computers entirely dedicated to your own web site and are very reliable (if you choose the right host) but are overkill for the vast majority of people.
I agree with you. When choosing a web host . These 5 tips we should consider

hudsonclark072
09-27-2011, 05:15 AM
Large companies receive customer support and every company that operates continuously for a long time in the market and be able to better business, but the services must be world class view.

waynehussey12
10-08-2011, 04:57 AM
If you are able to provide your customers with excellent service and take their feedback, you are going to prove yourself reliable. Moreover, a company needs a long-term vision.

JPC-Sabrina
10-14-2011, 06:05 PM
You need a company that has excellent customer service and a good reputation. A company that has been around for over ten years is also usually a hallmark of character and quality. In the hosting industry equipment will fail but if you are with a lesser grade company when these failures do occur then you will be pained. Look at some reviews for companies that have been around for a while. Read the reviews more so than the ads.

mikehobby
10-17-2011, 04:46 AM
Hello everyone.. I am Mike Hobby and searching for the information..

shanmarsh2
10-17-2011, 06:14 PM
The beauty of social media is the fact that you can network with anybody regardless of their location. I'd suggest you start networking with like minded individuals not necessarily from your area. There are plenty of people you can talk to about ideas and thoughts as well as how and what to put into action. Look for these people on twitter and FB and start connecting with them.

jamesnghtn4
10-28-2011, 11:57 PM
The owners and the employees of a company are the most responsible ones for the success of a company and they must have the clear goals and passion to work.

charloskendall3
11-08-2011, 04:30 AM
Even though giant companies have assured customer support, any company which has longterm experience in the market, are equally popular. The only criteria being that the services offered by them should be worldclass.

stevelaw169
11-25-2011, 05:48 AM
Huge companies acquire customer support as well as any firm which is conducting business for an extensive time is always reaching the market.

John karner
01-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Clearly it is up-time or recovery time that individuals are refering to
Personally I look at the up-time history for the past 12 several weeks

jhsauyr
01-11-2012, 07:14 AM
age and number of customers usually show that people like the results of the company and rely on it.

jacobcolton43
01-24-2012, 03:59 AM
Even though giant companies have assured customer support, any company which has longterm experience in the market, are equally popular. The only criteria being that the services offered by them should be worldclass.

JPC-Sabrina
01-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Even though this thread goes back to 2008 the same requirements still hold true for what most consider the necessary factors in order to be a good reliable web hosting provider. One of the items that is not mentioned in this newer age of hosting is 24/7 support for technical assistance and in some cases customer support as well as for billing and sales. Also consider the fact that if a provider has been around for over ten years than they are reliable for the most part. No company can achieve that level of success without it having pleased many customers for many years. Pricing is important to many but remember that value is better over lowest price. What are you getting for your money? Ask yourself, compare the reviews, and make a decision based on all the factors instead of only price. That type of reasoning will save you time and money in the end.

Alyy
01-25-2012, 04:40 AM
If the proprietor and personnel have a enthusiasm for what they are doing, it will certainly present in their assistance to their clients. If they cure it like "just any business", well that will also present in their assistance to their clients

Advanced Medical classes San Diego (http://www.uscmed.com/health-care/advanced-medical-coder/) | Administrative Medical Assistant classes Southern California (http://www.uscmed.com/health-care/administrative-medical-assistant/)

venkatjaya
02-06-2012, 05:31 AM
Yeah, Sony used to be the best, and there were other big brands like Panasonic, Toshiba, Matsushita, etc. Today they're all made in China, as cheaply as possible, the name is just for brand identification purposes.

anti money laundering software vendors (http://www.checkpanther.in/)|anti money laundering software india (http://www.checkpanther.in/)

.................................................. ...................

John karner
02-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Clearly it is up-time or recovery time that individuals are refering to
Personally I look at the up-time history for the past 12 several weeks

nikita123
02-24-2012, 01:54 AM
reliable company is very important....?Thank u for suggestion

anandtechendeav
02-25-2012, 04:34 AM
We should see the last year strategies of that company.

ishuvonet
03-10-2012, 05:12 AM
The company that can give A to Z support and quick in response to customers query or problem.

micahwood589
03-12-2012, 04:48 AM
If the owner and staff have a passion for what they are doing, it will certainly show in their service to their customers. If they treat it like "just any business", well that will also show in their service to their customers.

hedbergmitch18
04-26-2012, 04:42 AM
Huge companies get consumer support and any firm which is conducting business for an extensive time is at all times attaining the market.

jamesclark787
04-28-2012, 02:01 AM
Really very nice concept for the raliable company and good information on your forum. thanks

colehill03
05-10-2012, 04:20 AM
It is always a big question among new website owners to think between choosing reseller hosing and VPS hosting. There are a lot of pros and cons for each of the choices, so it is better to consider every bit of information clearly.

minijason9
05-22-2012, 06:15 AM
Moving is stressful enough without worrying about whether your furniture will make it to its destination or not, intact and on time. Before you sign a contract with a moving company, follow these steps to ensure that your transition between your old and new home is smooth and stress-free

Failsafepayment
05-31-2012, 08:56 AM
Hi

Prompt service, 24h support!

Firestarts
05-31-2012, 09:58 AM
I think that's right!

Manov
06-12-2012, 02:19 AM
Try the below link,
http://www.shariff.org/what-makes-web-design-company-reliable.html