PDA

View Full Version : Computer Speed Issue

tomherry
05-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Hi,
Every Body I have a technical issue related to my home pc.

System Configuration:
Processor: Pentium 2 Duo Core 2.2
Hard Disk: 160 GB
RAM: 1 GB
Mother Board: Intel 745 128 GC
Before My System going well but now a days i am unable to run two program at time. I am playing song on my Computer and also copy some data to CD Disk. In this situation song are not playing. what is the solution of this....

Thanks in advance........

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-21-2008, 05:17 PM
You can scan your computer for viruses, run a disk cleanup, and defragment your hard disk. Hopefully this will improve your PC performance.

Karl B.
05-24-2008, 06:34 AM
To overcome this issue install zone alarm in your system which will provide safeguard against virus. Moreover, do the disk defragmentation of hard disk once a week on regular basis. Use the latest version of antivirus.

Vec&sec
05-27-2008, 02:49 AM
Which OS is installed on your PC?

Upload Spot
06-21-2008, 06:53 PM
I would look at defragging as Karl said, and maybe get rid of spyware.

john133
07-09-2008, 05:50 AM
If your computer seems slower than it may be of different reasons like many programmes automatically runs, viruses and unnecessary software consumes energy.
__________________________________________________ _______
John
Social Media Marketing (http://www.widecircles.com)

~ServerPoint~
07-22-2008, 03:12 AM
I think that it wortyh reinstall software you use for the burning and playing music.

Layersolution
07-28-2008, 10:15 AM
May be some problem with Motherboard

Just recheck ...Or once reinstall complete windows ...

Callisto
08-04-2008, 04:19 AM
once reinstall complete windows ...

That would definitely help, format your system drive and after reinstall do antivirus scan first of all.

Rand1324
08-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Another problem your computer uses RAM to run more than one program. Depending on the OS you have installed, I suggest you upgrade to 2 GB of RAM. Your computer will load faster, and be able to load more than one program at a time. Also, Spybot - Search & Destroy scans your computer for a bunch of stuff and once you finish and delete the files it detected it runs a bit faster. It happened to me, and it works a lot faster now. The program is free and reliable.

jackchen
09-08-2008, 02:29 AM
you can do it better

prolimehost
09-08-2008, 05:25 PM
scan for virus , scan for adware and try to add 1 gb more ram

MoEzzi
10-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi,

System Configuration:
Before My System going well but now a days i am unable to run two program at time. I am playing song on my Computer and also copy some data to CD Disk. In this situation song are not playing. what is the solution of this....

If you have the installed windows setup disk, you can also try doing a windows repair. It might be that some major windows files have gone missing or become corrupt. In either case, just popup in a windows CD and start the setup process. When it asks the first time if you want to install windows or recover windows, select install windows. The next screen will search for any active windows installations. Once it finds yours, highlight it and select repair. This will go through the entire windows installation but will not delete any of your personal files or programs. Simply repair the windows installation.

This has fixed many issues in the past for me. Ofcourse best course of action is to backup everything and do a fresh install. Note that you will need to apply ALL the windows updates again including any service packs that have come out since.

John1
11-01-2008, 06:38 AM
Hi,

System Configuration:

it is all because of your RAM
you have to change your RAM

clint999
11-17-2008, 06:11 AM
May be some problem with Motherboard

Just recheck ...Or once reinstall complete windows ...

~ServerPoint~
11-18-2008, 03:14 AM
Old thread. Closed