PDA

View Full Version : looking for a dedicated server from USA

njyonghui
08-26-2008, 04:13 AM
Hi, I’m from China, and I want to buy a dedicated server from USA. My friends recommend some companies to me, such as Theplanet, Softlayer and Alabanza/Navisite. But after take look with their websites, I still cannot make my choice. So I need your advice here, is there anyone could tell me which of them is better? Or have other good recommend for me? My acceptable price would be not more than $200 per month. Thanks!

makeuse
08-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Hello,

You can try eurekawebhosting.com. Support is specially very good. also I found there packages very much affordable.

~ServerPoint~
09-01-2008, 03:34 AM
Could you please what config are you looking for and how much can you spend on that?
Different companies have different server and have different prices ;)

Bobby
09-03-2008, 04:08 AM
Go to Globaltap.com, Rackspace.com and Glowhost.com dedis.
They offer a wide range of dedicated servers and you'll be able to choose the one that suits you well.

alemcherry
09-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Theplanet, Softlayer both are good, but they are self managed servers. if you know how to manage a serevr, go ahead. Otherwise, you may take a look @ liquidweb. They are really good for managed servers. Rackspace is great too, but way too expensive.

egenial
09-05-2008, 05:03 AM
I can suggest two companies where it is possible to get quality dedis:

First is ServerPoint.com. The most reliable company I know. Working for 10 years already, own dc's and network. Good uptime and support.

And another is downtownhost.com has many opportunities for dedicated servers, providing good connection speed and 100% network uptime.

I suppose you would be interested in one of those.

prolimehost
09-08-2008, 05:21 PM
hello try theplanet they are best

Vec&sec
09-09-2008, 02:52 AM
If I were in your situation, I would choose one company from these ones Hqhost.net and A2hosting.com

Hqhost.net - its data centers located in USA. It has two Network bandwidth choices: Value - $99/month and Premium - $150/month solutions. It was launched in 2001. So it is reliable company I must say.

A2hosting.com - offers semi-dedicated and dedicated servers. Advantage package - Intel E1200 Dual-Core Pentium 2.0GHz - 2 Cores, disk space - 2 x 80 GB Hard Drives (RAID 1), data transfer - 1000 GB, operating system - CentOS Linux OS Installed, etc.

Choose the best one and good luck with your project.

~ServerPoint~
09-09-2008, 05:44 AM
egenial, thank you. But I'm not sure if we will be able to affort his request, because I do not know what is he looking for exactly.

wasp
09-12-2008, 07:07 AM
The reliable company I know - gazzin.com (http://www.gazzin.com/singlemanageservice.html) - has recently launched fine dedicated deals. The expansion tells they are successful, and thus I can conclude they are good and trusted by people. Have a look I suppose there is something for you.

Ahmad
09-17-2008, 05:32 AM
Look up downtownhost.com - this is quality american company which provides feature-rich dedis for reasonable money... However, they are little bit more expensive than you stated, but maybe their offers would be interesting though.

fcolor
09-24-2008, 11:58 AM
I would suggest you to prepare a list of requirements including the support you expect to receive and to send it to a few dedicated web hosts. Once you get the answers you'll find who responds promptly.

bob
09-26-2008, 07:50 AM
njyonghui, follow what fcolor has mentioned to find a host providers, also check if you get managed dedicated server backed with the experienced support team on that budget.

Bobby
10-01-2008, 04:54 AM
US based dedis ... hm ... can offer you to have a look at some from hqhost.net, lunarpages.com and webhostingbuzz.com.
They provide them a lot of different configurations. And prices are various too.

Adam001
10-02-2008, 05:53 AM
To my mind, Serverpoint.com will be the best choice for you. It offers considerably wide range of dedicated servers solutions on favorable terms. So, the main advantage of using this host is that you will never have problems to solve, or if there appear some troubles, well-trained support staff will always assist you to get rid of them.

Alcatrazz
10-15-2008, 04:22 AM
Have you already looked through the offers you've got? There are many which are very reasonable among them!

Have a look also exmasters.com. They provide quality dedis and allow any type of content to be hosted.

b2netsolutions
10-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Hello,
What are the top qualities you are looking for in a hosting company?

~ServerPoint~
10-17-2008, 02:53 AM
not more than $200 per month
I believe that is the main thing for him

MoEzzi
10-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi, I’m from China, and I want to buy a dedicated server from USA. My friends recommend some companies to me, such as Theplanet, Softlayer and Alabanza/Navisite. But after take look with their websites, I still cannot make my choice. So I need your advice here, is there anyone could tell me which of them is better? Or have other good recommend for me? My acceptable price would be not more than $200 per month. Thanks!

{self promotion is not allowed in the main forums}

great
10-29-2008, 04:05 AM
Instead of buying/ hiring server why not u buy alpha plan . I am asking u bcoz its get in some chep price and offers multi level clients like master reseller, WHM reseller and last direct cpanel account. Bfore making any decision just think is it is best to put 2000$ in business instead of 180$ and getting same things.......

Callisto
10-31-2008, 04:34 AM
Try a2hosting.com they have some dedicated plans which are able to meet your demanded requirements. This is a very reliable company, so I guess you won't loose if look them up.

Bodhost
10-31-2008, 06:31 PM
I guess this is a pretty old post. Is he still looking for a dedicated server ?

~ServerPoint~
11-07-2008, 03:16 AM
You are right. I believe he has found what he had been looking for.
Closed.