PDA

View Full Version : am i looking for dedicated??

snooper
02-13-2005, 06:29 PM
hi all

this s what i need, can you guys tell me if what i really need is dedicated, or VPS? or maybe good ol shared?

i need, MS hosting (for ASP and .net) - with MySql, Access and MS-SQL - probably about 2 gigs initially, but more as i move a long (i develop for clients). i dont see traffic to be a major issue at this time.

what i am mainly concerned about is moving away from a shared environment, lessen the effects of it.
BUT - i need to be able to manage custom accounts & plans, and also to get good support, cos i aint no server-side maven.
also important - is to have those ASP COMs - for mailing and image handling etc...

so - what do you guys think? have been on shared quite a while, and happy with the tech issues, just unhappy with being dependant on so many hardware/shared issues, which i understand would be solved if i were on VPS/MPS/Dedicated.

comments and recommendatiins welcome!
cheers!

1PlanHost
02-14-2005, 01:26 PM
It sounds as if a dedicated server may be too much right now for you. There is a whole lot more to running a server than just configuring clients on them. There is server maintenance, security, patches and more to deal with on a daily basis.

VPS may be an option if you can locate a reliable Windows host that offers it without breaking your bank. Otherwise, I would recomend a Windows reseller plan that allows you to customize your offerings and administrate as much as possible for your customers without having to know a whole lot about running servers. Shared hosting if configured well on a reliable reseller plan does have many benefits. Be careful of the over cheap, too good to be true, unlimited domains reseller plans out there because they usually turn out to be a nightmare.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

lostworldx
02-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Hi! My name is Andy Contreras and I'm an Exclusive Hosting Agent with LostWorldX.com Hosting Services. It appears as if you are looking for a Virtual Dedicated Server. Just to let you know we have some great plans that come with 24/7 support by phone or e-mail. Virtual Dedicated Servers start at just $34.95/month and $0 Setup Fee. Please visit our website and e-mail me with any questions you may have.
hi all

this s what i need, can you guys tell me if what i really need is dedicated, or VPS? or maybe good ol shared?

i need, MS hosting (for ASP and .net) - with MySql, Access and MS-SQL - probably about 2 gigs initially, but more as i move a long (i develop for clients). i dont see traffic to be a major issue at this time.

what i am mainly concerned about is moving away from a shared environment, lessen the effects of it.
BUT - i need to be able to manage custom accounts & plans, and also to get good support, cos i aint no server-side maven.
also important - is to have those ASP COMs - for mailing and image handling etc...

so - what do you guys think? have been on shared quite a while, and happy with the tech issues, just unhappy with being dependant on so many hardware/shared issues, which i understand would be solved if i were on VPS/MPS/Dedicated.

comments and recommendatiins welcome!
cheers!

rasputinj
02-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Hi! My name is Andy Contreras and I'm an Exclusive Hosting Agent with LostWorldX.com Hosting Services. It appears as if you are looking for a Virtual Dedicated Server. Just to let you know we have some great plans that come with 24/7 support by phone or e-mail. Virtual Dedicated Servers start at just $34.95/month and $0 Setup Fee. Please visit our website and e-mail me with any questions you may have.

He needs windows you VDS looks to be RH9 running on Virtuozzo.

1PlanHost
03-02-2005, 04:25 PM
.Net would require a Windows server (preferably 2003). I believe a shared account would be sufficient if hosted on a 2003 server and put in isolated state so that none of the other domains on the server would affect it.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!