PDA

View Full Version : Quries about Domain Expiration

fighter9mm
07-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Hi,
i want to know about domain expiration. i did buy a domain before 1 year in 10$. now it is gonna be expire in 20 days. my question is if i will not renew domain it will be expired what happened. domain will completely expired or i could recharge any time after expiration. some domain provider makes you fool because they don't give you domain authority so how to know i have full authority of domain.
please help me i am very confused.

fighter9mm
07-09-2013, 12:00 PM
somebody help me please

theshawnchin
07-15-2013, 03:50 AM
Hey Dude ! You need to get domain registered date and expiration date , and get receipt to services provide company and person have authority , Make sure one thing your domain name registered your own name . Thanks

Rado_Ch
09-30-2013, 05:28 AM
Let me try and shed some light on your issue, as I didn't see anyone providing a useful response. Your question is 2 months old, so I guess you have already cleared the problem, but still its good for everyone to know, as its not an uncommon inquiry.

First of all, regarding the domain authority, ALWAYS use providers which give you full administrative access of the domain. The domain is initially registered under your ownership, so you have to be able to access it anytime - change of nameservers, change of ownership or admin details - its all needed at one point or another, and such options should be present in your domain panel. Even if you don't know how to make the change yourself, the host can help you, but at the end of the day you are still the owner and you can do with it whatever you wish.

As for the expiration, there are certain phases the domain goes through before released again for registration. After failing to renew it on the due date, you should still have a grace period, during which the domain is still yours and you can renew it. This is usually around a month. After that the domain enters the Redemption Phase. During that phase, the domain is in lingo. Its no longer available for normal renewal, nor it is released on the market again. Usually you can still renew it if needed, however with a much higher fee, paid to the domain registrar.

The redemption period also lasts around 30 days, however there is a catch. If your domain was very short, catchy or creative, the registrar may decide it is too appealing to release it for normal registration. In such cases they keep the domain name and sell it to an auction, or simply for much more than its market value. This is a risk, that cannot be measured, as it really depends on the registrar. Should they decide not to keep it, it will be set for deletion after the redemption period and will become available again.

All in all, no one can give you an exact timeline of the whole process, the best you can do, if you failed to renew it, is just wait and constantly check whois searches to see if your domain is released for new registration.

jamialex873
12-19-2013, 08:16 AM
please renew your domain for last..

albertrichard
02-10-2014, 11:33 PM
once your domain is expire you have Renewal Grace Period for 40 days, in this period a domain owner can renew an expired domain at the regular renewal price, depending on the domain extension.
If you do not renew during the Renewal Grace Period the domain will be deleted and is no longer controlled by your registrar. This is known as the Redemption Period. If you wish to re-claim the domain, the process will be more expensive and time-consuming as your registrar will be required to submit paperwork and payment to the Central Registry.
A domain in the 'Redemption Period' can only be restored by the original Registrant. After the 'Redemption Period', typically 30 days in duration, the domain can no longer be restored. After about 5 days, the domain is dropped from the Central Registry and becomes available to the general public.