PDA

View Full Version : What major factors are taken into account by search engines!

andreyknure
10-02-2008, 10:21 AM
I would like to start this important post to share the most effective search optimization practices, lets start discussing what search engines like and what factors have a direct impact on website search engine ranking, you are welcome to continue ...

- Keyword phrases put in website content
- Keyword phrases put in meta tags - tittle, description, keywords
- Incoming link quality and number
- Keyword phrases in incoming links
- Keyword phrases in internal links
- Keyword phrases in domain name
- Each page should be available for 2 clicks
- The time visitors spend on website
- Content update
- Website traffic
- Domain age
- PageRank
if you have something to add, please, don't hesitate to do this!!!

bob
10-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Also using keywords in anchor text can enhance the search results by providing relevant content through the destination/landing page.

seoman
10-16-2008, 02:42 AM
If your all backlinks have anchor text then is also not taken well by Google .You need to make some natural backlinks without any anchor text too other wise it looks artificial to SE's.

bob
12-15-2008, 09:17 AM
I think incoming links have major factors especially those having strong influence granting your page is valuable.

~ServerPoint~
12-16-2008, 04:14 AM
I think incoming links have major factors especially those having strong influence granting your page is valuable.
That is something that might not depend on the web site owner and I would not consider that is the main factor

neilsmall
12-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Site internal linking and keyword match with site theme.
These are some points which I want to add....

:)

katarina1
01-11-2009, 09:37 AM
All the things you are talking about is about Google and it is very important but also very competitive. I am targeting MSN,they have a lots of traffic and they didn't change algorithm since Christ.Google is very sophisticated, msn is not.Do you know what I do, I set up 10 blogs, place little code on each an rotate few links on it.Links are the money sites with anchor text.MSN 'thinks' that I have lots of new links on my blogs and I get on the page 1 in few days.I use 3 word phrases with about 500.000 searches.You would be surprised :)
Try off site methods also:Socialmarker.com for social bookmarking,rss feed syndication...

top1position
03-30-2012, 08:01 AM
I think incoming backlinks have significant factors especially those having highly effective impact granting your page is useful.