PDA

View Full Version : Review for GeneralHosting.com

sandi
03-02-2005, 07:55 PM
We have had nothing but poor performance from our hosting company General Hosting. Our email would continously go down and each time we contacted them we were told it just happened to occur the same time there was a few seconds down time on their servers. Unfortunately this happened weekly and many emails were lost. Each time we emailed them with problems or called we were just brushed off. Many times they never even returned our support emails. Their customer support is NO support. Everytime I called I got the same guy who was very difficult to understand and always told me there would be an email coming to me in 12 hours or less explaining how to fix our problem. I never received an email. The last time I called and explained we couldn't access our email his response was, "What do you want me to do?"

The only advice I can give is to stay away. We switched hosting companies and have been very pleased. General Hosting was unprofessional and unreliable.

1PlanHost
03-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Thanks for sharing that with the community Sandi. Which host did you switch to? It is just as important to let others know when you are pleased with a service as it is to express displeasure. Us hosting companies really appreciate hearing it as well when a good job is done.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

monaw
03-15-2007, 01:42 AM
I had a similar issue but was trying to change name servers on a domain name that was purchased. I email them twice with no response and then I called and it was the most confusing conversation I have ever had. I was not rude but the man on the phone was. I am not even sure he knew what I was asking but I thought I was making myself perfectly clear.

Anyway, I think this company is worked out of a garage. Very unprofessional. As far as web hosts go I have found what I believe to be one of the bests.

Just my two cents ;)

egenial
03-15-2007, 03:58 AM
We switched hosting companies and have been very pleased. General Hosting was unprofessional and unreliable.
Why did you choose to go for them?

Alcatrazz
03-26-2007, 04:07 AM
Hi, what site did you host with them?