PDA

View Full Version : email on dynamic ip

lee23
10-24-2008, 04:13 AM
hi. not sure if this is the rite section for this but i post anyway. i have a rolling IP and on a bt business connection and have a dyn host name from dyndns.org (xtcservers.mine.nu.
i have an email server setup up an is now receiving email wit no problems but sending is a different matter.

i am using Dovecot IMAP server an Sendmail and roundcube webmail client ad i say receiving mail is fine from both outlook an webmail client. but when trying to send mail it shows this error (reason: (554 Mail from 86.159.133.235 refused, see RBL server zen.dnsbl)i think this is because this is from a dynamic ip.

is there anything i can do when i first set the server up i could sent mail to but just stopped after my server crashed an had to install a fresh copy of linux.

if someone could please help me ASAP i have clients waiting for this server to be able to send mail again.

thank you.

~ServerPoint~
10-29-2008, 05:33 AM
Hands up! ;)
Why do you need dynamic IP?
That is very high risk... I mean spam

Oracle
05-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Hmm ... dyndns.org is free, or so I thought?

In any event, I'm sure this is quite possible. You can grab the IP number from the command line with "wget http://checkip.dyndns.org" and send the output to a file. The next trick is to get that file to you remotely. You could upload it to your iDisk from the command line via a cron job every so often, for example. If you have another UNIX box (OS X or other) elsewhere, you could do a secure copy directly to that box on some scheduled basis. And there very well may be a way to use the command-line mail program to send you a file automagically as well, but that's beyond my skill set.....!

arslan220
07-11-2009, 05:58 AM
thanks for this.