PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best cloud hosting or VPS ?

rajivdevkk
09-19-2013, 05:06 AM
Which is the best hosting cloud or VPS ?

Adam001
09-19-2013, 07:16 AM
One of the best places I know is GlowHost.com and their web hosting solutions.
Its server is also more stable and reliable than the host I had.
Top notch support, affordable pricing, and I haven't seen a bit of downtime.

markboucher12
09-20-2013, 06:35 AM
VPS hosting it can be served through a cluster is commonly found on a single "beefed up" server. While cloud computing is generally found run on a cluster of servers that allow for redundancy and fail over. I would prefer VPS Hosting the best compared with Cloud Hosting.

Glow
09-25-2013, 07:17 AM
As a good alternative, can recommend hostdepot.com Virtual Private Server hosting packages.
They are very professional and seem to enjoy helping their customers which is a great change from some of the other sites out there. The techs contact me checking to see if I have any issues just to be on the safe side.

thewebhostingdi
09-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Cloud Hosting is of two types :
(i) Public Cloud
(ii) Private Cloud

Public Cloud means Shared Hosting in Cloud Environment and Private Cloud means VPS Hosting in Cloud Environment.

According to me, Private Cloud Hosting is best choice as it gives following advantages :

High Security
Full Control over resources
Remote Access

ThatGuy
09-30-2013, 04:42 AM
If you are in search of reliable cloud hosting solutions you should go with Hostingking services. They are trustworthy host with highest stability and reasonable deals. Use coupon BESTD50-10 and get 50% off on first month and than 10% lifetime!

Corrazon
10-04-2013, 04:05 AM
I am sure that Hostingking.com is the best option to get cloud solutions from. Their uptime is 100%. Response time is lightening fast. I wish all services were handled this way.

spikypheasant
10-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Look for a minimum uptime of 99%. In fact, even 99% is actually too low - it really should be 99.5% or higher. The host should provide some sort of refund (eg prorated refund or discount) if it falls below that figure.

Bull
10-07-2013, 06:32 AM
I have seen pretty good VPS hosting deals offered by hostingsource.com. It is US web host.
I have not really had to use the customer service, because everything was fine with them (no downtime and no problems).

charcoal
10-15-2013, 04:32 AM
I love cloud hosting services provided by Hostingking.com. They are reputable company and their stability is great. I highly recommend them to anyone who needs fast reliable solutions.

Peligino
10-30-2013, 07:01 AM
You can rely on hostforweb.com - they offer fast, reliable servers; flexible attitude toward hosting; excellent, responsive support (including very late at night); extremely reasonable (inexpensive, even) pricing.
Using the code 'autumn', you will get 30% off the 1st month order.

Snoopy
10-31-2013, 06:24 AM
According to my research Hostingking is offering cheap stable cloud hosting solutions. Their servers are solid, support is skilled and you'll get all needed features.

X4B.Net
11-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Check VPS offer section I heard, Kimsufi has good server

Sameer Shoakat
04-17-2014, 07:34 AM
In sense of me the VPS is more better than cloud hosting but i know well GlowHost.com and their web hosting solutions.So i prefer ton VPS.

kv4u
04-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Best is always cloud rather than VPS. However it depends on how much you invest. There are several services which offers less cost.

stablesoft
05-01-2014, 10:26 AM
Can anybody brief me the difference between cloud hosting and VPS hosting?

webcreations
06-25-2014, 12:43 AM
1. VPS is one physical server, divided into several smaller slices that each act as their own virtual server environment. On the other side cloud servers utilize multiple servers connected together in a cluster which is backed by SAN storage.
2. VPS is less expensive than cloud and cloud is a little more expensive.
3. VPS can be security concerns. If a customer on your shared server does not take security seriously, and gets hacked, then your VPS could be negatively affected. Cloud hosting is completely secure since you virtually have your own server. If a client on the shared cloud gets hacked, your cloud server will be completely separated with no risk to your data.

SammiRose
07-22-2014, 03:42 AM
Softsys Hosting ! Obviously is best cloud hosting company based in USA. They have facility to choose web hosting resources as per client requirements. Their cloud servers are highly redundant, scalable and fast for smooth run-up of your website.

Bharti Mahour
08-20-2014, 03:02 AM
I am not sure about this but I think cloud hosting is best.

paullopez
08-20-2014, 04:48 AM
1. VPS is one physical server, divided into several smaller slices that each act as their own virtual server environment. On the other side cloud servers utilize multiple servers connected together in a cluster which is backed by SAN storage.
2. VPS is less expensive than cloud and cloud is a little more expensive.
3. VPS can be security concerns. If a customer on your shared server does not take security seriously, and gets hacked, then your VPS could be negatively affected. Cloud hosting is completely secure since you virtually have your own server. If a client on the shared cloud gets hacked, your cloud server will be completely separated with no risk to your data.

You are totally wrong here about VPS. FYI, if one of the VPS account gets hacked on the main node then it doesn’t effects on other VPS accounts on the same node as they are totally isolated from each other. If there is DDOS attack on the main node then its different story.

kaufenpreis
08-28-2014, 09:10 AM
VPS in the Cloud is a valuable solution if your website has outgrown your shared hosting plan because it provides users with root-level access to the server, while still keeping the ease and simplicity of a shared hosting account. SSD VPS in the Cloud is considerably less expensive than Dedicated Server Hosting and does not require the ownership – and therefore the responsibility – of the hardware.

Olin Lamanna
08-28-2014, 11:48 PM
I would say amazon rackspace and stormondemand if you consider storm as a vps seller.

singhabhishek25
09-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Cloud will be costlier than VPS and sometimes dedicated as well. Cloud is the latest addition in the hosting arena and it is more advanced than VPS or any other hosting solution.

EugeneAlvarado
10-29-2014, 03:14 AM
The best hosting plan is Everleap Cloud Hosting, it is cheap as compare to others.
It gives fully managed, fault tolerant, load balanced modern hosting platform for both PHP and asp.net.

ivankent
11-07-2014, 12:47 AM
I think a cloud hosting is the better option rather than the VPS.cloud hosting provide a better services as compared to the VPS.

crushmymugshot1
11-17-2014, 07:18 AM
Unlimited disk space, bandwidth & Email addresses, site tools, online store and much more.Their servers are solid, support is skilled and you'll get all needed features.

keshav
11-18-2014, 05:09 AM
Availing any of our feature-rich cloud hosting (http://www.cloudoye.com/what-is-cloud-hosting) plans can benefit you from less investment, fewer skilled internal IT resources and lower operational costs.

zowmmo
11-19-2014, 01:21 AM
Cloud Hosting (often also referred to as clustered hosting) is a step up from the shared hosting infrastructure that is commonly used today. By handling security, load balancing and server resources virtually you are no longer restricted to the limits of one physical piece of hardware. In basic terms, online operations are not limited to a single server, they have access to the processing power of a number of servers that are distributed in real time.

crushmymugshot1
12-02-2014, 06:19 AM
I would say amazon rackspace and stormondemand if you consider storm as a vps seller...
vps.net is good for reselling but they have had some complaints this month like 3 pages worth from an attack of some sort so I am waiting for that situation to fix itself before I would mention them.

Stephanie Wink
12-03-2014, 01:20 AM
I my opinion VPS hosting is more better.

harry26
12-04-2014, 01:59 AM
i have to use many of the time Hostingking.com which was the nice experience for me.

EugeneAlvarado
12-12-2014, 03:30 AM
I think cloud hosting is better option.
There are lots of benefits of cloud hosting, some advantages are listed below:
Achieve economies of scale
Reduce spending on technology infrastructure
Globalize your workforce on the cheap
Streamline processes
Reduce capital costs

pellekarlsson
12-13-2014, 07:47 AM
VPS hosting provides a web-based hosted virtual machine emulating a private web server. Virtual Private Server hosting allows full configuration, customization & administration as if you had a dedicated server and similarly, available resources are configured within those virtualized hardware limits.

Cloud hosting provides similar functionality to VPS but the resources are on-demand. This model provides shared resources and services billed based on usage. This differs from shared hosting and VPS in that many cloud servers are integrated to share all resources providing high resource availability.

kltranslation11
12-15-2014, 12:43 AM
CloudVPS is the number one cloud provider in the Netherlands. Whether you need a single machine or a complex load-balanced cluster, our flexible cloud lets you create the Virtual Private Servers (VPSes) and Cloud Storage you need quickly and securely.

chrisgeitz
12-17-2014, 05:42 AM
ince 2004, UK Devoted Web servers Ltd has been offering great accessibility, objective crucial dedicated servers within the UK and European countries.

StuartSpindlow1
01-02-2015, 06:04 AM
Yeah, I completely agree with you guys cloud hosting is best than VPS.

runningtowers
01-08-2015, 03:07 AM
No fraxel processing "units," over-subscription, or separated data center areas. Every reasoning server comes with 1:1 exclusive to physical resources,

lisaherry
01-17-2015, 05:59 AM
Why Choose Our Windows VPS and A linux systemunix VPS Web hosting service Services?

vipshush
01-22-2015, 02:15 AM
Hello Friends,

I have no idea VPS hosting Service..

DevrajKoppula
01-27-2015, 05:08 AM
VPS hosting provides a web-based hosted virtual machine emulating a private web server. Virtual Private Server hosting allows full configuration, customization & administration as if you had a dedicated server and similarly, available resources are configured within those virtualized hardware limits.
Cloud hosting provides similar functionality to VPS but the resources are on-demand. This model provides shared resources and services billed based on usage. This differs from shared hosting and VPS in that many cloud servers are integrated to share all resources providing high resource availability.

StuartSpindlow
01-28-2015, 04:53 AM
In my opinion also cloud hosting is best more than VPS.

alicemaris558
01-06-2016, 01:16 AM
Those looking for a customized environment then they can go with VPS hosting (http://www.go4hosting.in/services/vps-hosting) and Those with a high level of technical knowledge who can leverage the technologies a cloud system will be best for them and go4hosting is one of that trustworthy company that provide both Cloud Server (http://www.go4hosting.in/services/cloud-hosting-india) as well as VPS hosting server with great reliability.

Shay_Fox
01-06-2016, 10:24 AM
Can anybody brief me the difference between cloud hosting and VPS hosting?

A cloud server is essentially a VPS server.

the differences are subtle and vary based on your definition of what is a 'cloud' . The main differences are:
- Clouds are usually accesible via an API allowing you for dynamic reosurce provisioning
- Clouds have a pay-as-you-go model, while VPS usually has a fixed monthly price that includes certain bandwidth
- VPS is focused on the server/compute with hard disk local storage while clouds usually provide more services such as database, load balancing, networking, etc.

nomanali
01-09-2016, 02:43 AM
I think cloud hosting is more reliable than VPS as it used a cluster of servers which means if a single server is down other will kick in its place.

manoharparakh
03-09-2018, 02:13 AM
Benefits of a VPS hosting :

1. Better control over servers - As a business owner, you get total server space and control to take decisions of your hosting without really depending on anyone

2. No sharing but available resources - Your hosting will not share resources with anyone, so no chance that there will be any problems with respect to speed or efficiency

3. Privacy leads to security- Since your hosting service is private in nature. ie there are no issues with respect to any viruses/malware/ cyber threats from shared hosting (since it is not present) hosting is safe

Cloud is a stack of many servers that run on virtual technology. They have huge storage space, compute speeds and load balancing capabilities .

Advantages of Cloud hosting (https://www.esds.co.in/private-cloud-hosting) can be given as follows:

1. Scalable – adds more server power in a jiffy

2. Custom infrastructure - You can include firewalls, architecture and custom firewalls, load balancing and IP deployment

3. Access and availability - In case a physical server fails, cloud servers are migrated to another physical server without experiencing an outage

4. High computing resources - No lagging RAM or CPU power, even if another cloud customer's load grows

Now, let us talk about the pricing. VPS (https://www.esds.co.in/vps-hosting) and Cloud have very different pricing and it all comes down to the requirements. A good cloud hosting plan will cost you $5–$6 and it will probably give you unmetered disk space with 3GB RAM.On the other hand a same basic plan with the mentioned resources will cost $12–$15 if you buy VPS.All in all, cloud hosting is a lot cheaper but I advise you to go by requirements and not price.