PDA

View Full Version : Could help me to choose?

Adam001
11-14-2008, 02:42 AM
I came across ayksolutions.com dedicated server offers and found them to be attractive for me. This company has Data Centers in Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL and Jacksonville, FL. I just wanted to ask you about your opinion on this company. Does the location of Data Centers influence somehow on speed connection, etc.?

~ServerPoint~
11-14-2008, 03:53 AM
Where is your potential audience? I think that your choice should be made according this.

RH1
11-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Sometimes it will influence speed etc.. especially if its overseas. Mostly what I look for in a data center is how will it be effected in a disaster, hurricanes, power outages etc... My server is in Florida (ok, not great for Hurricanes) And I am in Vegas, never seen any speed or performances degrades.

~ServerPoint~
11-18-2008, 03:10 AM
You are right man. In United states that id important to know where the next hurricane come from.

Alcatrazz
11-18-2008, 03:20 AM
Choose Atalnta or Chicago. Those are gopod places :)

grimlins
11-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Chicago is nice indeed.

Callisto
11-24-2008, 05:49 AM
Choose provider with one datacenter - this will save you from needless decisions, which you cannot take yourself.

Take a look at hqhost.net - they are far simplier, but not less reliable, by the way, their servers are also in chicago.

microvps
11-27-2008, 09:01 AM
If you need to test connection speed ask your web hosting company provide you with test file to download. Then ask people from different parts of the world to test things out.

~ServerPoint~
12-01-2008, 05:25 AM
If you need to test connection speed ask your web hosting company provide you with test file to download. Then ask people from different parts of the world to test things out.
You are right. Ping is nothing in the tests. Ping comes through different way every time.

alemcherry
12-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Hosting close to your target audience must help, for speed and higher ranking on searching. But for most cases, hosting in same country should be good enough.

QualityEcommerc
12-07-2008, 02:16 PM
If I"m not mistaken AYK Solutions is a reseller they don't actually own their faculty. While there is nothing wrong with a reseller we do hold our servers with companies who own their own faculities due to the additional change of a reseller going out of business, etc.

~ServerPoint~
12-10-2008, 03:02 AM
I think that end user will not doubt about it. All ens users looking to have good service being delivered to them