PDA

View Full Version : Going online with a new site – SSL Certificate issue!!!

tracy.martin
11-20-2008, 01:46 AM
Hi everyone, I have plans of introducing a website so that I can start my online business. The site will be dealing in computer accessories and all the hardware stuff that is related to the computer field with an online purchase facility. But, before that I would like to know the pre-requisites that are needed to run a website of your own that has an online payment option, as I was informed about the SSL certificate issues by my developer and would like to know more on this from you people.

~ServerPoint~
11-20-2008, 02:08 AM
SSL certificate is used to organize protected HHTP tunnel. That is not payment option. You need to do some search for the ecomerce solutions first. What will it be eshop? Or what?

Moved to the ecommerce related section

jcarney1987
11-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Search google for online shopping cart. Do be carefull with what you choose. Here are some shopping carts that have integrated payment option such as paypal and other credit card gateways.
www.Oscommerce.com
www.zencart.com
www.cubecart.com

But if you are a web designer you can make these all work to your need but if you don't know as much about web designing you should looking into paid shopping carts. That way you get better support and so on. Plus paid shopping carts come with some better features. But always remember do you homework before you purchase any thing.

~ServerPoint~
11-27-2008, 04:01 AM
You are right and those sites have web forums and you can ask forums there.

clint999
01-19-2009, 06:10 AM
You are right and those sites have web forums and you can ask forums there.

MagicOPromotion
05-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Which/what particular issue are you referring to regards to SSL certificates?

This is a shared hosting and has a shared certificate. This system works.