PDA

View Full Version : vps question

Bobby
11-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Windows VPS - if you have any experience with running Windows VPS, can you answer my question - is it more complicated to run it or Linux?
I put this question as I plan to use aspnix.com service.

egenial
11-28-2008, 02:59 AM
I think, that before starting anything you should know of it at least something, to make sure if you can or cannot run it.

If you need to start VPS soon, but do not have enough skills to run windows, get a linux package, there are fine ones at a2hosting.com.

Also I recommend you to learn something on windows servers running, to get to know if you really need that.

~ServerPoint~
12-01-2008, 05:33 AM
I believe that you should answer yourself about what you are looking to have with that.
What kind of projects do you have? I think that knowing that you will be able to make choice with no doubt

sagoshawn
12-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Are you looking to 'use' a VPS or are you wanting to set up VPS containers on a server? If you're looking to use VPS then you can use whichever OS you are familiar with, as it is the same as running a dedicated server. If you want to create VPS containers, then you will probably want to know both Windows and Linux in order to increase your sales opportunities.

hzSari
12-03-2008, 01:52 AM
For those familiar with windows, windows VPS should be easy, though my favorite would be the linux VPS setup. Windows VPS also would be similar with control panels to control the VPS and the domains, just like any other windows server.

klimm
12-03-2008, 03:24 AM
Think aspnix.com is a helpful company and if you face any issues while running your web site, you should contact their support to help you to solve all your problems.

alemcherry
12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
For most non technical users, windows must be easy to manage. Make sure that you get a control panel, doing the DNS etc. directly on windows will take some learning.

Also make sure that the technologies to plan to use, work well on windows.

QualityEcommerc
12-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Bobby:

With a good host it should not matter what VPS OS you utilize. There should always be a helpful hand to assist in learning them. Personally, I like Linux because of the security and I have been around it for years.

Callisto
12-08-2008, 05:27 AM
Nice linux VPS deals are provided by webhostingbuzz.com. This company has good sytable prices and uptime. I suppose you might be interested in the looking it up.

Bobby
12-25-2008, 02:38 AM
Thanks for all your answers, buddies.
I am sure that it's much better to use a Windows VPS from the company that specializes in this kind of services. Aspnix.com suits all my needs well taking into account their resourceful plans and low cost services.

~ServerPoint~
12-25-2008, 05:58 AM
Be accurate with low cost ;) Better have honest cost not low ;)

wasp
02-06-2009, 08:30 AM
You can have a discounted VPS service from webhostingbuzz.com. This is an experienced company (5 years on the market), with reasonable prices and various specifications of plans. I think they could suit you well.

Ahmad
02-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Also, just for your information, take a look at VPS deals offered by Globaltap.com - this company has pretty stable VPS services and despite of being pretty costly, They are still worth of attention and trust.

Adam001
02-17-2009, 03:58 AM
I can across many different windows web hosting offers and aspnix.com served all my demands, so I suggest you to use this company's services because the important fact is that it has narrow specialization in delivering windows web hosting, so you will be not disappointed.

Caamora
02-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Windows VPS's are a waste of money in my opinion because you are basically paying for the windows license and more system specs because windows is such a resource heavy operating system. Your best bet is to try each of them. There are many companies out there that will give you a free trial or a money back guarantee if you dont like there services. Check out the company in my signature. They will cater to your needs =)

CustomHosting
03-04-2009, 06:35 AM
I partially agree with caamora, your windows Licensing will be a big cost, but I still think you may find it cheaper to run on a decent VPS than a full dedi. I offer VPS plans and currently have atleast a couple running a flavour of windows server, I would add that it definately has more memory overhead than a linux based OS. I always recommend the users go for the 1gb+ plans.

MoEzzi
03-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks for all your answers, buddies.
I am sure that it's much better to use a Windows VPS from the company that specializes in this kind of services. Aspnix.com suits all my needs well taking into account their resourceful plans and low cost services.

good decision :) windows is much easier to use!

Oracle
05-20-2009, 09:45 AM
To find a VPS account which satisfy all your needs is a complicated thing, I have seen VPS deals which have many attractive features for me from innohosting.com and some other ones from hostingincanada.com.
If I could combine both, I'd get a unique VPS perfect in all ways......