PDA

View Full Version : Host4Profit- Pyramid scam or real deal?

WebEdit
03-29-2005, 03:26 AM
Did you see this offer from Host4Profit?
http://hostsearch.com/news/host4profit_news_2846.asp

They claim they will give $10 a month to you for every month you are with them for every customer you refer to them. They price at $24.99 a month so if you refer 3 customers to them they will pay you.

Does anyone know this host? I can't help but think it is a pyramid scam but if it's true then that's a great deal.

highlighter
04-03-2005, 11:06 AM
I didn't understand how you think it like it is a "pyramid" scam or it might be true... Monthly price of $24.99 is still a high price... But they offer really an attractive plan.

1PlanHost
04-08-2005, 12:02 AM
It would not be a pyramid scheme since it does not involve your benefiting from others selling hosting. However the price is high for the market so I am not shure how successful one would be as a reseller. In my opinion, you could make better as a reseller of a reasonable priced host or even benefit from hosting affiliate programs. Most would not pay on a reoccuring monthly basis but still would be a good deal.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

ASP-Hosting.ca
04-08-2005, 10:48 AM
I don't think this is a pyramid scheme.

dogotek
05-06-2005, 12:12 PM
They earn $15 per. customer and they pay you $10 for marketing. What's wrong with that ?

ASP-Hosting.ca
05-06-2005, 01:25 PM
They earn $15 per. customer and they pay you $10 for marketing. What's wrong with that ?

Nothing wrong with that.

etech
05-09-2005, 11:13 AM
It is not a scam, These are the part of marketing within the ethics to get more and more customer by refering your friends or other customers.

Always give people more than they expect to get. Giving customers extra service is a money seed, because it brings customer back, retain them and advancing a new idea that will increase effecienceies is further a money seed.

WebEdit
06-17-2005, 04:30 AM
Those are good points, it isn't a pyramid, but think about it this way.

It just seemed fishy in the business model to me at first. If you get an average of a few referrals per customer then you don't get much for a month of hosting. Imagine they expand to 100 customers who each refer an average of 2.5 customers. Then they lost money on the initial 100 customers but they have another 250 they are making money off of. They only make their real profit on the tail end of the chain customer.

They way they can REALLY increase their profit is to start cutting out initial referring customers. If I've referred 10 customers and then I stop hosting with them then they earn an extra $100 a month. If this is an unscrupulous company I think it's a dangerous position to be in to have referred more than 2 customers to them.

Maybe I am just paranoid...

Nirvana
05-17-2007, 02:52 PM
I actually host with them and I can tell you it's a good way to make some residual income. I've been marketing for them on my website since september and i've been able to sign up 18 accounts so far. So, no reason to be paranoid.

It's simple to do because I use a service that combines H4P hosting with a full e-commerse website that makes money for you, you can find out more about how it works, here:

http://www.myaffiliatestarter.com/PIPS.html