PDA

View Full Version : Google PR Fluctuating

1PlanHost
04-09-2005, 06:10 PM
As many of you know I am an avid fan of Google search engine optimization and have monitored it daily for years. Something strange that I noticed this past week but am not seeing it discussed on the SEO sites is Google is finally making some changes to their PageRank (PR) system. This is great news since they previously seemed to have canned it's effective use for nearly a year. Last November, it appears that the Google dance (changes just prior to an update of their database index) started happening more often than once per 30 days and continues to be more frequent.

What I observed this past week was that many web sites got their new PageRank and lost out on their ranking yet thankfully many recovered today. Our own site at 1planhost.com for example has carried a PR of 6 for the entire last 12 months, yet on Monday dropped to a 3, stayed that way all week then today climed back to a 6! It ONLY affected the homepage and ALL internal pages maintained their rank without changes. I also saw this happen on HostSearch.com and discusshosting.com (Hostsearch dropped to a 3 all week then today went up to an 8!)

Any others seen anything going on with their PageRank? Any observations or comments to share?

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

Khun
04-10-2005, 11:39 PM
hrmmm...no change here. still looking for some thing to change. It's just a time now!!

ASP-Hosting.ca
04-11-2005, 11:58 AM
No PR changes here either.

1PlanHost
04-26-2005, 12:09 AM
ARGHH!!!!!!!! Sometimes I love Google, sometimes NOT! Tonight, we have the most dreaded grey PageRank of ZERO for our main index.asp page at http://www.1planhost.com Years of working hard at SEO and spending thousands on Adwords per month only to be treated like this? All of our sub pages still have decent page rank but our main page which is most important is bombed for the moment. Strange thing since we have always followed the rules to the T and never strayed with SEO tricks.

Check it out and see if you also see it as a zero please. Mercy!

Khun
04-26-2005, 12:57 AM
Darrell,
google toolbar in IE is showing your PR of 6 but if you are looking at pr for firefox you have got a grey PageRank.

better check your pr here http://www.seochat.com/?go=1&option=com_seotools&tool=9&url=www.1planhost.com&submit=Check

You still have a PR of 6 ...don't wary

khun

1PlanHost
04-26-2005, 01:16 AM
I am using IE6 and it still shows PR0 (grey bar) here. I see seochat does still show PR6 but this is very odd indeed. Thanks for the confirmation!

ASP-Hosting.ca
04-26-2005, 09:37 AM
Years of working hard at SEO and spending thousands on Adwords per month only to be treated like this? All of our sub pages still have decent page rank but our main page which is most important is bombed for the moment. Strange thing since we have always followed the rules to the T and never strayed with SEO tricks.

Check it out and see if you also see it as a zero please. Mercy!

This is due to the Google PR update. My site http://www.asp-hosting.ca was showing the grey bar for a while, but now is back to where it was. PR is not that important anymore.

1PlanHost
04-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Yes, many SEO experts state that PR is not currently being counted as it once was, yet others claim it still is in some way a part of Google. Either way, it is odd to see a change in PR for sites if it is not important at all. The dreaded grey bar meant in the past that the site was banned manually by Google but apparently not anymore. I did quite extensive research on our listings and they appear not affected at all. Hoping now for a bump on the apparent update. :)

ASP-Hosting.ca
04-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Your site has PR 6 :)

jeckwillson
02-12-2010, 01:03 AM
I think only Google is working with the page ranks and I too noticed about the review that Google is going start it's dance for every three months it is good to see even.