PDA

View Full Version : Virtuozzo Licensing

Reseller Mike
12-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi,

I was just curious if anyone has an idea of which dedicated provider has the most reasonable prices when it comes to Virtuozzo licensing. I have looked at several and it seems prices vary.

Thanks,
Mike.

~ServerPoint~
12-16-2008, 03:04 AM
HS has quite big offers section with it. You can do your research there.

Reseller Mike
12-16-2008, 06:05 AM
Hi,

I will go and do so then.

Thanks.
Mike.

burstnet
02-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Parallels is forcing new pricing structures on their partners, standardizing all their agreements across their partner-base, and that is affecting pricing of older partners that formerly had their products available/offered at lower pricing. You'll gradually see pricing increase of the next few months for any providers still listing the lower pricing. We just got hit with it at contract expiration last month, and I know several major competitors that had the same occurrence...

MoEzzi
03-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Parallels is forcing new pricing structures on their partners, standardizing all their agreements across their partner-base, and that is affecting pricing of older partners that formerly had their products available/offered at lower pricing. You'll gradually see pricing increase of the next few months for any providers still listing the lower pricing. We just got hit with it at contract expiration last month, and I know several major competitors that had the same occurrence...

didn't know about this.. we haven't gotten hit with a price increase yet but our current contract expires in June so maybe then... I should give management a heads up. Thanks for the post.

bob
03-07-2009, 06:09 AM
The customers generally expect a lower price than from the larger competition of a service providers, it is obvious few of them might offering More value-more features for little higher price. This could be the reason that there is price variation for same service.

Oracle
05-20-2009, 09:41 AM
You need a special license - Virtuozzo Server license - to be able to start using the Virtuozzo Containers software and Virtuozzo management tools (Parallels Management Console, Infrastructure Manager, and Power Panel). To this effect, you should install the Virtuozzo Server license on your server after or when installing Virtuozzo Containers 4.0 on it. Every Hardware Node hosting one or more Containers shall have its own license. Licenses are issued by Parallels and define a number of parameters in respect of your Node. The main licensed parameters are listed below:

The number of CPUs which can be installed on the Hardware Node; please keep in mind that each of the Dual Core and Hyperthreading processors is regarded as one CPU.
The number of users which can simultaneously use Parallels Management Console and Parallels Infrastructure Manager to manage the Hardware Node and its Containers.
The license expiration date. Any license can be time-limited or permanent.
Virtuozzo licenses have a start date and, if they are time-limited, may also have an expiration date specified in them. You shall have to set up your system clock correctly; otherwise, the license validation may fail.

The number of Containers the Hardware Node will be able to host.
The platform and architecture with which the Virtuozzo Containers software is compatible.
The possibility of managing the Hardware Node by means of Parallels Infrastructure Manager......