PDA

View Full Version : Free Avast vs Paid Norton

Hplglobal
02-25-2014, 01:15 AM
Hello Fellows. I need to have some comments and suggestions from your side. I have had installed free avast on my office computer till the end of the last week. Then i was asked to switch to a paid version of Norton 360. Do you think that the suggestion for switching to Norton 360 is a good idea?

RH-Calvin
02-26-2014, 12:19 PM
I would prefer neither. Rather I would suggest you to go for Kaspersky Internet security or if you are using it for your office then you can go for a business plan. I am using it for the past 3 years without any complaint.

praveen007
03-22-2014, 06:48 AM
I have been using avast free for a pretty long time. Thanks to avast for the privilege

TurboHttp
03-24-2016, 02:46 AM
If your not looking to spend to much money and looking for a High Quality antivirus for under $5 go to g2a.com and seach Ani-virus. I bought bit defender from their and got a steal of a deal.

VerdinaNET
04-14-2016, 04:22 AM
For free option, Avast for me is good enough. As i see you want it for work station so something more serious and paid maybe is more responsible.

ServerHat
04-17-2016, 05:14 AM
Bitdefender and kaspersky are the best rated AVs for few years already.

Talaa
10-07-2018, 06:54 AM
I support you to move to Norton, Norton is one of the best paid antivirus software as far as I know. However, this doesn't mean Avast free version is not a good AV software. Despite the rich features for antivirus. Avast is also equipped with a business-class password manager and a network security scanner as bonus features, which is more suitable to office computer.

sanusense
10-08-2018, 12:36 AM
I have been using Avast since inception and never faced any issues with it. However, my second choice would be Kaspersky anti-virus.

UmbrellaHost
01-14-2019, 08:03 AM
Neither! If you want excellent protection then go for a reputable provider. We have been using ESET: https://www.eset.com/ for over 10 years now and it beats the pants off its competitor easily. Many of the free anti-viruses out there make your system notorioulsy slow with the protection they offer and at best only catch < 50% of any infections. So they dont really provide any real time protection. Then when you try and uninstall.. your left with a multitude of files which never get deleted etc. Bad all round.

arjunshastri
01-17-2019, 06:29 AM
Avast is a better choice as it offers more security-related features and extra utilities in its security suites than Norton. Independent tests prove that both software provide excellent malware protection with minimal impact on system performance, but Norton returns too many false positives

yuva12
04-17-2021, 07:24 AM
Just like Norton, Avast is durable and reliable and offers 24 hours protection. As good as both programs are, the security features of Avast antivirus software are slightly superior to Norton because it offers a little bit more options for data and user security.

jesica
04-22-2021, 06:35 AM
Just like Norton, Avast is durable and reliable and offers 24 hours protection. As good as both programs are, the security features of Avast antivirus software are slightly superior to Norton because it offers a little bit more options for data and user security.