PDA

View Full Version : what is domain parking?

rohit
04-17-2014, 01:23 AM
what is domain parking?

Sameer Shoakat
04-17-2014, 07:42 AM
I have no idea about domain parking but i am interested to know about as soon.

BalticServers
04-17-2014, 09:41 AM
you let the registrant to use your websites. There are ads in it. you recieve money for clicks on these ads.

RH-Calvin
04-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Domain parking (http://www.reprisehosting.com/blog/domain-parking-basic-concept/) is a good idea if you are looking for an inexpensive way to secure a domain name with purpose of re-sale, further development and traffic redirection. Domain registrants and sellers provide free domain parking and registration as well.

ehostingpk
04-18-2014, 02:52 AM
Parking a domain otherwise known as domain parking means that you have your domain name point to a placeholder web page which tells visitors that this domain has already been taken. Most people use this feature to provide a temporary page for visitors to see while they decide what to do with their domain. domain parking enables domain owners to place targeted advertising links on empty domain names.

albertrichard
04-19-2014, 01:54 AM
Domain parking refers to the registration of an internet domain name without that domain being associated with any services such as e-mail or a website. This may have been done with a view to reserving the domain name for future development, and to protect against the possibility of cybersquatting. Since the domain name registrar will have set name servers for the domain, the registrar or reseller potentially has use of the domain rather than the final registrant.

rohit
04-26-2014, 04:47 AM
thanx friends for giving your reviews.

josephvijay
05-07-2014, 12:22 AM
Domain names are mostly kept parked for business purposes. Parked domain names can be sold when it has a good trend or those who are in need of such domain names would automatically contact the domain holder for a domain bargain.
Whois records of parked domain names must be clear and genuine so that people in need doesn't have any hassle in reaching out the current domain holder. Domain holders can check their own whois records by having a whois search at WhoisXY.com (http://www.whoisxy.com/) . to get an idea how their details are displayed.

john2
05-13-2014, 03:31 AM
Domain parking is done through buying a domain name registration. Some people register it to sell it later or against their competitor. These sites are often TLD (Top Level Domain) extensions. e.g. .com. org .net etc.

kaufenpreis
05-14-2014, 08:07 AM
but could use more info such as how much certain domain sites pay, how do they get traffic - i.e. do you have to do all the traffic-driving or does godaddy or whoever you choose also send traffic? It's a way that I never thought of using to make some extra cash.

Server_Guy
05-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Domain parking is the registration of an Internet domain name without using it for services such as e-mail or a website