PDA

View Full Version : Setting up my hosting company

Ian Cruz
02-01-2009, 05:54 AM
Hi guys, I'm looking at setting up my own hosting company and would like to purchase all services form a single provider. I'm currently having a look at ResellerClub, Enom and Tucows. Would like to know if any of you guys have an account with any of these providers, all suggestions are welcome.

Hoster
02-02-2009, 04:08 AM
To my mind one of the best reseller deals are offered by webhostingbuzz.com (http://www.webhostingbuzz.com). The company is really stable and affordable, with large plans and good support, which also include toll phone.

Ian Cruz
02-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Do they also provide domains and digital certificates?

Ian Cruz
02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Also, if anyone has tried using any of the providers mentioned above, do provide me with some feedback... as for now I'm leaning towards ResellerClub.

bob
02-03-2009, 05:22 AM
Make sure their support level is decent and they're proficient to meet your both current and future needs.

Reseller Mike
02-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Are you looking to start up a Hosting Company or a Domain name Company? What you listed is mostly for domain names. I would check out some Web Host and see if they offer any kind of Resell of them. They would also offer some kind of price drop on them aswell :)

Best of luck,
Mike.

~ServerPoint~
02-04-2009, 02:34 AM
Ian in any case (domain name registration or web hosting) start with reseleer accounts. Those do not involve your huge budgets to get started.
Good luck

Reseller Mike
02-04-2009, 10:18 AM
For a reseller of domain names i would check out netearthone.com they are great. And some good price on domain names. Also check out the Reseller Hosting Packages aswell...

Best of luck,
Mike.

Ian Cruz
02-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Netearthone seems to offer a good deal, however I've been checking out ResellerClub's program and they seem to offer the same website that Netearthone seems to be using, they call it SuperSite or something like that. They offer this SuperSite and another website to all their reseller for free, both these websites are private labeled. Not really sure about Netearthone, would prefer a provider that has been in the business for some time. Hence I was looking at Enom, Tucows... ResellerClub and the likes.

Also came across an interesting statistic website called webhosting.info... seems pretty useful.

p.s: If any of you'll guys have already setup your own company would like to know your current hosting and domain provider... and thanks for all the replies :)

HighLayer
02-15-2009, 09:38 PM
You should purchase a reseller hosting package from a reputable host and then register an account with enom or directi and reseller domains from them. To automate the order process for your clients take a look at whmcs or clientexec.

Adam001
02-17-2009, 04:22 AM
As you may know, reselling is very profitable way to earn good money, but you should be experienced enough in order to gain some success. Moreover, you have to find reliable company to resell from. As a matter of fact, I suggest you to have a look at gazzin.com Linux and Windows reseller offers as they are cheap and include much disk space and bandwidth, also many useful features.

Ahmad
02-18-2009, 04:30 AM
Also, if anyone has tried using any of the providers mentioned above, do provide me with some feedback... as for now I'm leaning towards ResellerClub.

No direct reseller experience, but I used the services of webhostingbuzz.com and can say this company is really worth of attention as a quality professional host, has the experience of five years.

Ian Cruz
02-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Do any of you'll guys actually sell all products from a single provider? Wouldn't it be easier form a management perspective, to sell form a single provider.

CustomHosting
03-04-2009, 06:31 AM
Single provider is easiest but you will find it much more profitable if you buy services from different sources. The main issue with this is managing several sources can be a pain to start off with but you will gain much much more profit in the long run.

Onsiteservers
03-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Reseller accounts from two to four or more hosts is good.
Since you will be in a position to offer more and catch the prospects at different price points. you should look at good customer support it will save our operational time.

Ian Cruz
03-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Thank you all, for your suggestions. Like some of youll might know I've gone with ResellerClub and so far so good. I'm pretty satisfied with the service that they provide. The one thing that I would like to point out is the great promotions that they keep running :D. Will keep youll guys posted on how it goes.

Your suggestions and feedback is most welcome

troppy
03-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi guys, I'm looking at setting up my own hosting company and would like to purchase all services form a single provider. I'm currently having a look at ResellerClub, Enom and Tucows. Would like to know if any of you guys have an account with any of these providers, all suggestions are welcome.

I would look at also getting a dedicated or VPS server. You will have more control. :)

Ian Cruz
05-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Troopy

Ian Cruz
05-31-2009, 03:21 PM
Ok... so things are going great with my current provider, as usual they come out with a lot of promos. They just ended their .TEL promos :( which was doing well for me and have launched a couple of other promos, however the new email hosting plans that they have come out with has really caught my eye.

Cost: 35 cents/month
Accounts: Unlimited
Webspace: 1GB/Account

Should help boost sales :)

If any of you guys come across any interesting promos form other providers do post it here.

rumsfo
06-02-2009, 05:09 AM
I assume if you are looking for the promotions of the current company you can do the search for their domain name + coupon. As rule that will bring good results to you

HQHost.net
06-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Dedicated or VPS as someone has suggested above will give you more freedom and controll over your clients' accounts, however support stuff will be left to you either.
You will need billing software as well.

Ian Cruz
06-08-2009, 05:56 AM
Dedicated or VPS as someone has suggested above will give you more freedom and controll over your clients' accounts, however support stuff will be left to you either.
You will need billing software as well.

Do you know of any provider that providers end customer support. Thats a bit of a concern for me.