PDA

View Full Version : OpenVZ virtualization technology

transilvania
02-12-2009, 04:10 AM
Are all VPS deals based on OpenVZ virtualization technology?
I have seen it in the offers of many companies that provide VPS solutions (cmbhosting.net, vpslink.com, etc.)
What else virtualization technologies are used on VPSs?

Ahmad
02-19-2009, 02:57 AM
XEN, Virtuozzo (most used: webhostingbuzz.com, VPSland.com)... The virtualization is pretty useful tools, making the work with the VPS much easier.

bob
02-20-2009, 06:21 AM
Virtuozzo is the most commonly used which can run on both Linux and Windows.

Iwhic-A
02-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Not all of them. That is only one from many

klimm
03-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Just OpenVZ virtualization technology is the best one for a VPS and cmbhosting.net as well as many other VPS providers apply it for management their VPS deals.

UmbraHosting
03-12-2009, 03:34 PM
We use OpenVZ but I know other providers you use Xen or Virtuozzo (which I believe is based on the OpenVZ platform)

CustomHosting
03-13-2009, 01:11 PM
I would say 99% of all budget VPS are based on openVZ because this platform allows for easy overselling thus more VPs per server. Since the latest version of xen overselling has also become alot easier so I would prepare for xen based VPS to become a lot more popular and probably as cheap as openVZ based VPS

~ServerPoint~
03-14-2009, 03:34 AM
Do not look what company have - make sure that you have what you need instead.

Oracle
05-20-2009, 09:35 AM
OpenVZ is container-based virtualization for Linux. OpenVZ creates multiple secure, isolated containers (otherwise known as VEs or VPSs) on a single physical server enabling better server utilization and ensuring that applications do not conflict. Each container performs and executes exactly like a stand-alone server; a container can be rebooted independently and have root access, users, IP addresses, memory, processes, files, applications, system libraries and configuration files. For more information about the technology and how it differs from the others like Xen, VMware etc...