PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking to upgrade to a vps but wanted to know if a reseller program would work?

SEOTRICKS
02-18-2009, 02:21 AM
I'm looking to upgrade to a vps but wanted to know if a reseller program would work?

I currently use
Bandwidth: 120 Gbs a month
Disk Space: 6 gbs and growing
Sites: 20 Websites, Most popular averages 120,000 visits a month, can peak to 10k a day.

The main reason I'm upgrading is because I cant take traffic spikes. I was thinking of the gold vps plan with future hosting. It has a 10mbs connection and 768 ram.

I want to be able to sell hosting either through a reseller or a piece of my vps. If I get more then 10 customers ill upgrade to a dedicated. I already do freelance design and wanted to be a one stop shop. I'm also looking in to domain resellers any luck with them? They all look the same to me.

Ahmad
02-18-2009, 04:39 AM
Well, as I see the VPS would be really good for you, as there would be more useful system resources.

I can recommend you razorservers.com as all-in-one solution for you, as they are also offer domain name reselling, if you wish to become one, but If you're going to have domain name it is alway better to go with ICANN-accredited registrars, not resellers./.

Iwhic-A
02-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Better got dedicated server or have more poverful reseller account. So or or

SEOTRICKS
02-20-2009, 11:53 PM
I will stick with a VPS for now. The managed cost is killing me for the dedicated server.

Caamora
02-22-2009, 04:05 PM
There is lots of great offers out there right now for VPS plans. Many of them very very discounted and can be catered to your liking.

Adam001
02-24-2009, 05:26 AM
Reseller account is reseller account. Of cource you can get it. But in the sence of own independence I recommend you do some browsing on the non expensive VPS providers like pivotalweb.com or eurovops.

CustomHosting
03-04-2009, 06:41 AM
You can easily migrate your reseller to a VPS, most VPS companies will sell you a cpanel/WHM license for an extra $10 p/m. This will allow you to continue as normal (assuming you are using cpanel, if not DA or plesk or whatever will also be available most likely)

I currently offer a plan that would most likely cover you for the foreseeable future for $20p/m (+$10 p/m cpanel or +$6.50 p/m direct admin)

admin@custom-hosting.us

send me a mail if you are interested.

Onsiteservers
03-07-2009, 05:33 PM
I think upgrading a VPS is good option. Either you can find a new host or find a better deal b upgrading with current host if you are satisfied.

jventure96
03-09-2009, 05:29 PM
I agree, it's better to get a dedicated server, or VPS is also a good option.

Vec&sec
03-18-2009, 05:58 AM
I assume if you can manage that on the VPS you can continue with VPS as well. Now is the discount time for the any company and you will be able to get some discounted VPS.
What I recommend you is looking at pivotalweb.com they have 15% discounts for their VPS servers: use code 15life.
As for the reseller account you will be able to have another solution - close for the shared web hosting on the same price and i assume that is not what you are looking for
Good luck

Celebritymaniac
04-27-2009, 09:16 AM
I'm looking to upgrade to a vps but wanted to know if a reseller program would work?

I currently use
Bandwidth: 120 Gbs a month
Disk Space: 6 gbs and growing
Sites: 20 Websites, Most popular averages 120,000 visits a month, can peak to 10k a day.

The main reason I'm upgrading is because I cant take traffic spikes. I was thinking of the gold vps plan with future hosting. It has a 10mbs connection and 768 ram.

I want to be able to sell hosting either through a reseller or a piece of my vps. If I get more then 10 customers ill upgrade to a dedicated. I already do freelance design and wanted to be a one stop shop. I'm also looking in to domain resellers any luck with them? They all look the same to me.

RH1
04-27-2009, 10:04 AM
I would say if you really think your going to grow go dedicated now, and it will save you time and hassle when you do need to go dedicated. depending on your price range that is of corse. check out singlehop.com of sagonet.com for some pretty good prices on dedicated servers. I have used both and they are pretty good.

~ServerPoint~
04-28-2009, 03:55 AM
Yes. dedicated server apperas the best solution in this case. And if the thread is quite old here I believe that he did rtight solution and have what he need.

Closed