PDA

View Full Version : What knowledge is required in website desgning?

cyberfriend
03-03-2009, 10:50 PM
I would like to know what basic software knowledge or programming languages should be known to design a website independently for a starter.

~ServerPoint~
03-04-2009, 01:52 AM
I believe you need to have talent for doing that + you need to know all basic applications and be able work with them

CustomHosting
03-05-2009, 03:59 AM
Bare minimum for designing from the ground up is knowledge of HTML. Dynamic sites will require knowledge of additional languages such as PHP or ASP or .NET. Also most likely knowledge of databases most usually mysql. On top of that you can keep learning javascript, ajax, the list goes on but those would be my bare minimum to learn if you want to design from the bottom up.

bob
03-06-2009, 05:06 AM
I agree with the HTML and PHP recommendation, in addition I think you should have also some knowledge about graphics application, photoshop etc..

Robdale
03-21-2009, 04:11 PM
For designing a web site you need thorough knowledge of designing software like photoshop, flash, java and few programming languages like php, html, css etc... And, if you don't want to waste time designing it manually then use the website builder software.

111host
03-26-2009, 07:25 AM
For just starting, you should be known about basic softwares :) All is DONE

alwinm
04-25-2009, 06:11 AM
if you have Photoshop knowledge you just need to learn Dreamweaver. Its pretty easy. After the design, you may need to learn HTML, CSS and PHP, for me those are the very basic. I only now HTML and CSS but I am having my simple website :)

happy
05-01-2009, 02:44 AM
that is great that you are interested in the website designing.. For that you have to learn html, css, javascript, asp.net, php..
you should also learn the use of drdeamweaver also

Oracle
05-13-2009, 08:32 AM
the first thing you should know if you are going to design a web page is HTML and secondly you should also know languages like php,css etc since these are very helpful in designing a website..

RH1
05-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I agree with Oracle on this, I have a friend who really never did any web site design loose his job and then try and turn to web design as a fall back. Never did any web designs except dable with frontpage. I tried to tell him leanr html first, not using some program. Well his designs are terrible, he relies on me for everything and I dont have the time to help out.

Start out with free templates and litterally open them up in an html editor (non graphical) and play with the code, make it do what you want it to do. Learn to see the site in html code. If you can visualize the website by just reading lines of code then you can make it. If not, then dont do it as a business - if you want to do it as a hobby then you can go with some graphical programs like dreamweaver, MS Expressions is pretty good - but stay away from Front Page

LDHosting
05-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Simplest is HTML and CSS. If you manage to get the basics of these down, it's very easy to expand your knowledge and learn other languages once you start realising the limits of HTML alone (if you wish). HTML and CSS can make a pretty nice website all by itself though, and it does not neccessarily mean simple sites.

webmedia
05-16-2009, 07:29 AM
for design the best software photoshop dreamweaver

Oracle
05-19-2009, 08:42 AM
web design is fun and easy with the bluevoda free website builder create a website with no web design knowledge........

Jenie0109
06-04-2009, 06:58 AM
php...
advantage:
easy to learn

disadvantage:
lots of glitches

asp...
advantage:
advance than php

disadvantage:
more complex programming

:)

dombowkett
10-19-2023, 07:13 AM
You have to knowledge about HTML5, css, jQuery, SQL & php for any type website design.

ElizabethRGoff
10-19-2023, 07:57 AM
Certain key areas of knowledge are essential for success in website design. A firm grasp of HTML and CSS forms the core of web design, with JavaScript knowledge proving useful in adding interactive dynamic elements. Understanding responsive design principles must also be acquired to optimize websites across devices and screen sizes. Graphique design skills involving color selection, typography placement, and layout design are invaluable assets when creating visually appealing sites. At the same time, knowledge of UX (user experience) principles and usability testing is a must for designing user-friendly sites.

techimpero
03-27-2024, 02:54 AM
Website design requires a blend of technical skills and creative vision. Proficiency in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript is essential for building the structure and styling of web pages. Understanding user experience (UX) principles ensures intuitive navigation and usability. Graphic design skills are valuable for creating visually appealing layouts and graphics. Knowledge of responsive design ensures compatibility across various devices. Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) like WordPress facilitates efficient website management. Additionally, staying updated on design trends and user preferences is crucial for delivering modern and engaging web experiences. Overall, a well-rounded expertise in both technical and design aspects is essential for effective website design.