PDA

View Full Version : A Few Tips of SEO

Marky
03-19-2009, 07:36 AM
# Optimising your alt text
Making sure your images are optimised is easy and an essential part of basic search engine optimisation.
# Different types of spam
There are many types of spam, cloaking, hidden text, keyword stuffing, blog spamming the list is endless. I have noted down a few of the most prolific ones for reference
# Long term SEO
Once you have optimised your site and have improved the rankings on a few search terms this is the time to plan your on going optimisation campaign!

bermuda
03-19-2009, 02:36 PM
The two points you have mentioned are concerned with the On page optimization factors and they still are important parts of web page optimization. But for main rankings in the search engines, links are required and good links from high quality sources.

Robdale
03-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Below are few tips for photos or wallpapers sites:

Optimizing for Image Search

1. Give the file a name that clearly represents what the image is. This will help communicate what keywords you are optimizing for with the search engines. Ex. Your picture is of a vacation home on the beach. Name it “vacation beach house.” This is a much better option than a filename like IMG 12345.
2. For the image description tag you will want to use a long description. In the world of SEO, it may be referred to as a “long-tail keyword.” Ex. “3 bedroom vacation beach house in New York.”
3. When you “tag” the photo, make sure your tags/keywords match exactly what the product is or image is representing.
4. Apply short descriptions to ALT tags. Ex. “beach house at Jones Beach.”
5. Save your photos as JPG files.
6. Try making the image path as uncomplicated and short as possible. An example of a good path would be www.examplesite.com/vacation-house. An example of a bad path would be www.examplesite.com/pictures/houses/vacation-house.
7. Be sure the file folder that stores your images is not blocked by the robots.txt file.
8. Page content surrounding the image is a must!
9. Do not add “click to see larger image” within the JavaScript link. This limits what the search engines can access and is a common mistake.
10. Experiment by re-uploading the picture. Image freshness is a clue for the search engines and may affect relevancy.

haileyjonathan
03-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Hi Robdale, you have given interesting tips.... It's nice.. keeep it up... thanks for your sharing......

~ServerPoint~
03-20-2009, 04:35 AM
5. Save your photos as JPG files.
Any other recommended formats for the saving?

shennon
03-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Making sure your images are optimised is easy and an essential part of basic search engine optimisation.

You can use alt attribute to optimize your images. It would be little bit description along with your keyword in alt attribute which will describe about your image.

Robdale
03-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Any other recommended formats for the saving?

You can save them in .Gif format too. BMP and PNG would take more space and can hammer your server speed.

aaren47
11-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Hello

Great Tips. Thanks for sharing this informative information. I have got lot of information from this thread. Please keep sharing more and more tips........

Thanks
Have a nice time ahead

bridgetbruston
12-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Hi.

Nice informative tips. Can anyone know the difference between on page and off page optimization?
How it works? Thanks for your any input.

HostEase
12-02-2009, 08:47 PM
On page aims at the code of your website,off page optimization doesn't refer codes,you can use many methods to do it.such as social bookmarking,forum posting and so on.

genie.liam
12-02-2009, 10:12 PM
There are many types of spam, cloaking, hidden text, keyword stuffing, blog spamming the list is endless. I have noted down a few of the most prolific ones for reference

You'll have higher chances that Google and other search engines penalize or worse ban your site if your gonna participate on these techniques. Most of these techniques belongs to black hat SEO.

aliza147
12-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I think you must not join any of the black hat seo, as it is just wastage of time and money, Google will come up with a plan for these techniques in future, then all your investments will be dead. :(

sweetfranky
12-06-2009, 06:31 PM
good tips but I would stay away from stuff like hidden text.

lusi47
12-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Hello

Thanks for sharing these tips. These tips are very useful.
Keep share more and more information.

Thanks
Have a nice time ahead

designerpk
12-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi Robdale great tips thanks for sharing

ellehc
12-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Hi.

Nice informative tips. Can anyone know the difference between on page and off page optimization?
How it works? Thanks for your any input.

on-page include keyword research and analysis, utilization of title and META tags, and proper keyword density on your landing pages means optimization of the content while off-page is an optimization off the site like submission blogging, etc.

amitraz
12-11-2009, 02:16 AM
Can you tell me some blog list for commenting..

SEO Company India (http://www.techmagnate.com)

vanshita
12-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the seo tips.Nice thread.

guddu
12-17-2009, 02:52 AM
Thanks for the great tips.keep sharing

amittec
12-17-2009, 05:10 AM
hi this is nice for anyone.

Prainee09
12-23-2009, 05:22 AM
I aspire to learn SEO tactics and strategies. Can anyone explain me what is Page Rank algorithm, meta description and what are meta keywords?

timothy1238
12-26-2009, 06:36 AM
SEO is a very interesting as well as very challenging job which calls for special expertise. I have got a lot of valuable and worthy tips from this thread. This will definitely helpful for the newbies as well as for the experts. Thanks a lot for sharing this Incredibly useful thread with us.

chennaimoms
03-01-2010, 06:36 AM
On-page optimization (on-page SEO) is what can be done on the pages of a website to maximize its performance in the search engines for target keywords related to the on-page content. Off-page optimization (off-page SEO) is what can be done off the pages of a website to maximize its performance in the search engines for target keywords related to the on-page content and keywords in off-page direct-links.

GalvinBrown
03-04-2010, 02:11 AM
The latest tips which I have applied are listed below:

Indexation and Crawl Frequency
Content Creation
Social Media
Manage Outbound Links
Real Time Search

nnelsotn55
05-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Thanks a bunch for all your tips.

robinjackman
05-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Nice tips and thanks for sharing it with every one.

jimmy13
06-08-2010, 02:16 AM
Hello Friends......

I like to share some more tips

1.Be bold. Use the <b> </b> tags around some of your keywords on each page. Do NOT use them everywhere the keyword appears. Once or twice is plenty.

2.Deep linking. Make sure you have links coming in to as many pages as possible. What does it tell a search engine when other web sites are linking to different pages on your site? That you obviously have lots of worthwhile content. What does it tell a search engine that all your links are coming in to the home page?

Thanks

Content Management System (http://www.dynaweb.bestpick.co.uk)

godwin
09-19-2020, 03:10 AM
Remove anything that slows down your site.
Link to other websites with relevant content. ...
Write for humans first, search engines second. ...
Encourage other trustworthy sites to link to you. ...
Have web analytics in place at the start. ...
Write unique and relevant meta descriptions for every page.

dombowkett
09-19-2020, 08:18 PM
We have implement all on-page SEO factors to make our website Google friendly.

shimar456
10-28-2020, 04:34 AM
Remove anything that slows down your site.
Link to other websites with relevant content. ...
Write for humans first, search engines second. ...
Encourage other trustworthy sites to link to you. ...
Have web analytics in place at the start. ...
Write unique and relevant meta descriptions for every page.

GeethaN
01-22-2021, 05:58 AM
Improve existing content with missing subtopics.
Send emails to everyone you link to.
Add internal links to new pages.
Do an annual content audit.
Repurpose blog posts as videos.
Respond to relevant HARO requests.
Monitor competing backlinks for underperforming content.
Fix pages with broken backlinks.