PDA

View Full Version : HELP needed on VPS>>IIS>setting in smtp

anand4hosting
05-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi

i have a site which has asp mail option ..it was working fine//i changed :confused:the mx to google apps its not working now can any one guide me how to setup the smtp setting in IIS so it will work with google aps

~ServerPoint~
05-04-2009, 04:17 AM
Hello and welcome to the forums!
Could you please send us more information on your issue?

thewebhostingdi
08-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi

i have a site which has asp mail option ..it was working fine//i changed :confused:the mx to google apps its not working now can any one guide me how to setup the smtp setting in IIS so it will work with google aps

You do not need to do any setting in IIS to point your domain to google MX records. All you need to do is change MX records from hosting control panel. (if you are not using DNS services).

Are you receiving any sort of error messages?

HosTechS
01-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Hello,

Check the DNS record whether you have applied the correct settings for Google Apps. The mx record has a specific range of priority and you need to set the same. If everything is proper then you need to contact google regarding this.

Thank you.

Regards,

hwarden
01-18-2010, 04:06 AM
I am faced with a similar situation. I have a domain from godaddy that i need to point towards my private name servers outside godaddy, but i cant find the option to include my ns ips. I would appreciate if anybody knows how to do this?

HosTechS
01-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Do you use any sort of control panel to manage your domains?

arslan321
02-20-2010, 01:14 AM
search on google you might find them.

michaelmast
02-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Hi... i'm agree check the DNS record whether you have applied the correct settings for Google Apps. The mx record has a specific range of priority and you need to set the same. If everything is proper then you need to contact google regarding this.

Damiana
03-12-2010, 04:27 PM
You do not need to do any setting in IIS to point your domain to google MX records. All you need to do is change MX records from hosting control panel. (if you are not using DNS services).