PDA

View Full Version : Shared Hosting (Reseller) or VPS?

Novice_To_Web
01-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Hi Web Guru's,

Can any one help me understand whether to chose Bigrock's Shared Hosting (Reseller) or VPS?
Reseller Plan (50GB Space, 1000GB Transfer, 999 websites) @ Rs 999 Per month
Vs
VPS V3 Plan (1.47GHz, 1GB RAM, 40GB Space, 800GB Transfer) @ 2099 Per month

I am planning to host a dozen Websites build on Wordpress and couple of forums (phpBB/Vbulletin)
Expected web traffic 5,000 unique visits and 10,000 to 25,000 page views per day (overall - for all websites)
Most of the websites are Blogs in nature. Probably 1 or 2 eCommerce websites.

Really worried and confused to chose the right package.
If the Reseller Plan will be enough to handle to traffic load, it will save almost 10000Rs for me.
Other wise I have to spend 24000Rs for VPS.

Please advise me... Thanks a million in advance...

BerthaJones
01-12-2015, 02:49 PM
You must go ahead and contact 4goodhosting.com to meet all your needs. These guys will definitely help you without any hesitation. They have solid servers and prices are affordable. Support is always fast and always online 24 hours and the responses are clear and within just few minutes often with full details and solution. I am using them now and I never had any problems with them. Use them without any doubt.

Bull
01-13-2015, 03:13 AM
You can also check out ssd web hosting deals offered by Kvchosting.com (http://kvcwebhost.com/) team of experts. Just contact them if they can meet your requirements.
You know, ssd drive is 10x faster than regular hosting. The customer service is prompt and always give me the information I need to make my website function the best.

giraffeSta
01-13-2015, 08:42 AM
You can send an email to a potential web hosting service and judge their customer service, firsthand.

Vec&sec
01-16-2015, 06:51 AM
I'm impressed with Hostplay.com (http://Hostplay.com/) hoster. Response time on tickets is fast, needed a few times some help and they fixed everything for me. Tutorial videos are always a good idea and when done effectively and well at they did - I like it. 20% off ALL New Virtual Private Servers! - promo code XOFF20HP - Offer valid until January 31, 2015

Snoopy
01-20-2015, 07:38 AM
As an alternative option I suggest Webintellects.com (http://webintellects.com/), they have stable hosting solutions which work with no glitches and prices are competitive. Support is available around the clock and really helpful and professional.

Mark Bronius
02-17-2015, 01:53 AM
VPS hosting is great for hosting many web sites in an environment where you have almost complete control while still keeping your costs down. VPS allows you to run several virtualized operating systems in one machine. In a shared hosting environment, your website is positioned on a server with other websites to share the resources, so sometimes inefrence may occur. So better go with VPS hosting and since you are planning to build multiple websites, its better to go with the VPS V3 plan.

ThatGuy
02-25-2015, 07:31 AM
I'd like to say that supremeservers.com would be best option to get virtual server solutions at reasonable rates for any preferable location. They have great pricing, professional support and high stability of servers.

bagful_webhost
02-26-2015, 05:51 AM
hi bud! you go for reseller plan, coz you are going to start a web host business, vps is a segment which is given to a client as a whole server meant only for a specific client. Go for linux reseller or windows reseller
If still confused, email at support@bagful.net:)

paullopez
02-28-2015, 02:32 AM
Hi Web Guru's,

Can any one help me understand whether to chose Bigrock's Shared Hosting (Reseller) or VPS?
Reseller Plan (50GB Space, 1000GB Transfer, 999 websites) @ Rs 999 Per month
Vs
VPS V3 Plan (1.47GHz, 1GB RAM, 40GB Space, 800GB Transfer) @ 2099 Per month

I am planning to host a dozen Websites build on Wordpress and couple of forums (phpBB/Vbulletin)
Expected web traffic 5,000 unique visits and 10,000 to 25,000 page views per day (overall - for all websites)
Most of the websites are Blogs in nature. Probably 1 or 2 eCommerce websites.

Really worried and confused to chose the right package.
If the Reseller Plan will be enough to handle to traffic load, it will save almost 10000Rs for me.
Other wise I have to spend 24000Rs for VPS.

Please advise me... Thanks a million in advance...

It is quite surprising to see that they are offering more resources on reseller plan than on VPS. Though, VPS provide a good environment, but based upon the resources I would say choose reseller plan to get more the bucks. Btw, are sure they are the only good option for you in the India. I mean have you compared their packages with other service providers in the India?

hnc_huong
04-24-2015, 06:08 AM
reseller plan will help you to save a lot of budget. But i think you should spent a few hours to consider carefully based on your need.

sis11
04-26-2015, 03:58 PM
reseller plan will help you to save a lot of budget. But i think you should spent a few hours to consider carefully based on your need.

agree... reseller is better in your case

GreenLionNet
05-06-2015, 01:32 AM
A VPS is a better deal because shared and reseller will be a hosted on a server that will share server resources but on VPS, you will get dedicated RAM and CPU for your account. You will get better performance and reliability for your website on VPS.

Ahmad
05-07-2015, 04:40 AM
I think that is better to have VPS in such situation. I can recommend you 2 names to chose from:
http://www.kvcwebhost.com/ - the best SSD based web host
http://www.qhoster.com/ - they have VPS and will be able to accept various payment options such as Payza, Paypal, Bitcoin, Webmoney