PDA

View Full Version : torrents - where to host seedboxes?

Callisto
05-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Could name me hosts that areoffering torrnt hosting? I know only santrex.net and thus cannot make any comparison to decide where it is better to go. Santrex appears to be very good and affordable, but still I need some help.

Thanks].

MH-Andy
05-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Go with an offshore host in Sweden or something I would... Just to be on the safe side.

Oracle
05-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Any host that is offshore is good. Any hosting in the areas of Sweden, Asia, Netherlands are most likely offshore. So check into those.

RackSolidHost
05-09-2009, 01:27 PM
try leaseweb or ovh

Oracle
05-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Ive been reading up some reviews on Leaseweb RackSolid. Im getting some really bad reviews on there support and Im also getting seeing some complaints on service and some downtime. So Maybe leaseweb isnt the best decision.

RackSolidHost
05-09-2009, 05:58 PM
decent providers won't allow seedboxes :)

Oracle
05-09-2009, 06:34 PM
decent providers won't allow seedboxes :)

That maybe true, but the possibility of getting a crappy host that doesnt allow seedboxes is also pretty high! So its gonna be hard to find a good host with service and no seedboxing.

fortressDewey
05-11-2009, 04:07 PM
That isn't necessarily true, that bad hosts allow it, depends on the application and what it is being used for. There are ways to monetize it.

Good luck with your search.

zemon
05-14-2009, 04:08 PM
I can recommend these guys dediseedbox.com
I would not recommend santrex, brhosting and any host using torrentflux stay with utorrent and rtorrent for the best speeds.

Ahmad
05-20-2009, 08:00 AM
I think santrex.net would be the good choise. The company has datacenters everywhere and the prices for their services are qwuite reasonable, as for me.

Oracle
05-20-2009, 09:06 AM
A seedbox is basically a server downloading and seeding a torrent for you. And when it's completed you can directly download the file from the server. Why is this better? A server can download and seeed at much better speeds. A super seed is when you get a server to seed your torrent for you. This is very good if you want to promote your site but don't have a good upload speed. It is also great if your a member of a private tracker, Learn more about a super seed by visiting the Super Seed Page.