PDA

View Full Version : Five Simple Ways to Improve Web Typography

Oracle
05-16-2009, 12:59 AM
Here are some ways through which you can increase the typography of website.

1. Use A Reset Stylesheet

2. Watch Your Measure

3. Tend To The Space Between

4. Don’t Go Font Crazy

5) Don’t Neglect The Details

hunter jordan
11-14-2009, 07:16 AM
Agree to your points, but the one thing that you seem to miss out is the role that color plays in typography. Therefore, one must take into consideration the color that you choose as it should compliment your website typography.

Fireman
11-23-2009, 03:07 AM
You post out of topic.. kindly check it.

Keyword Geek
11-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Here is a free piece of software that can help you with the readability of your text.

It's for formatting email messages but it has Flesch Kincaid grade level readability scoring technology built in.

www . xmailwrite . com

energizedit
11-23-2009, 04:44 PM
I agree that not using more than a couple typefaces for any design piece is very important. Has anyone here used javascript font replacement to use more than the standard web fonts? It is something I'm starting to look at more.

Mark

~ServerPoint~
11-24-2009, 04:07 AM
I agree that not using more than a couple typefaces for any design piece is very important. Has anyone here used javascript font replacement to use more than the standard web fonts? It is something I'm starting to look at more.

Mark

Mark you'd better create your own thread then hijack this old one

hostmaster
11-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Many people, designers included, think that typography consists of only selecting a typeface, choosing a font size and whether it should be regular or bold. For most people it ends there. But there is much more to achieving good typography and it’s in the details that designers often neglect.

gakLeaddy
12-07-2009, 09:19 AM
I have not used Amara Animation Software but i hear more about it. Its really very useful software for animation.

paulburton
12-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Hello Friends....

Thanks for sharing.

Good Luck for future.

Thanks

martin14
12-16-2009, 04:48 AM
Hello Friends....

Baseline shift is a great tool for fine-tuning your typography. Try using it to:

* create fractions manually. Use baseline shift to raise the numerator in diagonal fractions

* optically position symbols, such as register, copyright and trademark .

* adjust the position of bullets, ornaments and other font-based graphics

* be expressive with type by raising and lowering individual characters to create a jumpy, jittery effect

Thanks

sequencehosting
12-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Many people, designers included, think that typography consists of only selecting a typeface, choosing a font size and whether it should be regular or bold. For most people it ends there. But there is much more to achieving good typography and it’s in the details that designers often neglect.

I completely agree. This is a very good point!

yyanna2
01-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Nice informative stuff..Thanks for sharing

Damiana
03-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Use A Reset Style, sheetWatch, Your Measure, Tend To The Space Between, Don’t Go Font Crazy, Don’t Neglect The Details

willstock351
07-23-2012, 01:28 AM
Agree to your points, but the one thing that you seem to miss out is the role that color plays in typography. You must take into consideration the color that you choose as it should compliment your website typography.

nelsoncobb447
07-31-2012, 04:25 AM
I really have to come to an understanding to your points, but then again the one thing that you give the impression to miss out is the character that color plays in typesetting.

johnanne
07-31-2012, 12:20 PM
When starting off to find out design, whether or not it's graphic design or internet design, typography is one among the primary stuff you ought to learn. Typography is that the art and technique of sort design and also the arrangement of sort, as well as purpose size, length, line spacing and typefaces. ANy ways this is a very nice information for us.

williammichael0
05-19-2015, 03:00 AM
There are certain major steps, which you need to be aware of, while dealing with the ways, to improve the present web typography solutions available.

riprook7
05-20-2015, 06:09 AM
Informative information thanks for sharing.