PDA

View Full Version : Blocking Malware & Viruses

scarceclose
08-04-2015, 06:57 AM
Would you mind giving some recommendations on how to block malware and viruses in the email? We are just using gmail in our office for all our incoming and outgoing email transactions coz we are just a small company anyway. However, we are receiving a lot of spam mails lately and what's worst, most of them contain virus. Is there a way to block these type of incoming emails? My boss taught me to just mark them as spam. Do I have to do this always? Argh. Lol. You might have some great tips to share to control these spam mails and viruses. Or shall we need to hire an IT professional to this? Thanks. :-)

harikri
08-04-2015, 07:31 AM
You can permanently stop spam by submitting them to SpamCop. SpamCop is a DNS blacklisting company that can blacklist the spammers hosting company's email IP address.

scarceclose
08-06-2015, 11:42 AM
You can permanently stop spam by submitting them to SpamCop. SpamCop is a DNS blacklisting company that can blacklist the spammers hosting company's email IP address.

Oh, wow. I never knew that before. I've just checked the website now. Let me register so I can learn more about it. Thanks for sharing this.

Mr Terrence
08-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Google does a pretty good job blocking this sort of stuff already, you should see an alert before opening suspicious emails.

scarceclose
08-14-2015, 02:05 PM
One of my friends told me that they use Parachute (http://parachutetechs.com/) for these kind of things. I haven't told my boss yet about this but I'm sure it'll spark his interest. Perhaps you've heard of them?

mame
08-16-2015, 10:37 AM
SpamCop? Does that work?

manoharparakh
01-23-2020, 12:34 AM
Protect yourself from harmful email attachments by taking the following steps:

Follow the steps in the Safe Computing for Students and Safe Computing for Faculty and Staff sections of this website.

Never open email attachments from people you don't know.

Always run antivirus software. Antivirus (Symantec Endpoint Protection) is available at no cost for Windows and Macintosh computers.

yuva12
05-10-2021, 05:22 AM
Use an antimalware app - Installing an antimalware app and keeping it up to date can help defend your PC against viruses and other malware (malicious software). Antimalware apps scan for viruses, spyware, and other malware trying to get into your email, operating system, or files.

jesica
05-26-2021, 01:13 PM
Advanced virus blocking. Strong antivirus protection is essential for defending your home computers from malware and other online threats.