PDA

View Full Version : Green hosting solution?

Ranger
06-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a green host- one that is eco-friendly and minimizes their carbon footprint. Specifically, I need dedicated hosting or colocation. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

TMan
07-09-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm hosting through GNAX (http://www.gnax.com) currently. Never had a problem with them. I didn't sign up because I thought they were "green", but I did notice the other day that they put out some kind of article about it: http://www.gnax.net/pdf/GNAX_Green_Initiatives.pdf

Give it a read, it might be what you're looking for.

Bobby
07-13-2009, 05:18 AM
Green hosting (http://glowhost.com/about/green-web-hosting.php) is available from glowhost.com.
They purchase Solar-Generated Electricity, provide Paperless Billing and utilize Recycling Stations.

arslan220
07-13-2009, 05:20 AM
hi thanks for sharing this.

Adam001
09-21-2009, 03:29 AM
From the mentioned above companies, I would better choose glowhost.com. It happened so that this decent company provides really stable hosting services, especially green hosting, and the price is affordable for them. I have done a search and found nice discounts:

2MONTHSFREE - 2 Free Months;

3MONTHSFREE - 3 Free months.

Hosting India
09-22-2009, 02:44 AM
Where do you want your servers to be stored, the answers can be different depending on the location. many of them prefer the colocation of the server in there own country or region.

~ServerPoint~
09-22-2009, 05:04 AM
Green host is nothing but the marketing tag.

MiguelSingleHop
09-22-2009, 07:13 PM
I am not sure which company will be reliable for green hosting especially when it comes to US Data Centers. But I do know that Amsterdam has a few data facilities that are built around minimizing carbon footprint.

~ServerPoint~
09-23-2009, 04:01 AM
I am not sure which company will be reliable for green hosting especially when it comes to US Data Centers. But I do know that Amsterdam has a few data facilities that are built around minimizing carbon footprint.

That is not an issue here at all.
I'm sure power supply that is not an index at allwhile we are talking about the quality of the web hosting

AHN-Jay
09-23-2009, 11:51 PM

I agree with that, but if you really want green go with a server with a Atom processor. They use much less electricity than the other Intel's and AMD's.

Glow
09-24-2009, 04:13 AM
There is no denying the fact that glowhost.com will be the most secure place as it provides stable green hosting services. They have advanced heat pumping system which recycles warm air from datacenter and is used to heat employee occupied space during the winter months.
Moreover, I have noticed that they use Well water which is used for cooling towers which reduces electricity used to pump water to the facility and eliminates chemicals normally used to treat city water supplies.

rumsfo
09-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Green hosts seems not to be popular as they are not good in terms of reliability

Vec&sec
10-06-2009, 03:22 AM
Well, the mentioned companies are good, but you see there are also many other ones. No doubt, webhostingbuzz.com will be also a good option for those who are looking for carbon neutral hosting solutions. This decent host is environmental friendly and you can trust this company as it has been providing green hosting for more than 3 years.

expo09
10-08-2009, 07:18 AM

This can be the problem. People are thinking of green issues a lot more now so promoting green hosting can work well for a company.

I don't think it's always just a marketing ploy though, some are genuine as there are ways to operate in a more environmentally friendly way.

Hosting India
10-09-2009, 06:49 AM

I do agree , it is just a marketing word which attracts the visitors

~ServerPoint~
10-10-2009, 02:53 AM
I do agree , it is just a marketing word which attracts the visitors

And I have no idea why that should attract people...

expo09
10-16-2009, 05:42 AM
And I have no idea why that should attract people...

Because some people care about the environment and therefore will use the service if they think it is environmentally more friendly than the other options.

There needs to be rules set in place though, so businesses (of all types) can't claim they're green unless they meet certain criteria.

alemcherry
10-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Green hosting is not necessarily a marketing gimmic, there are valid and vital reasons for that. While this is not a big step, it is important to start taking small steps in right direction.

Alcatrazz
10-26-2009, 11:05 AM
I think tihs is a common tendecy to becoem greener. My hosting provider - hqhost.net has alsready became greener by using special technologies. No influence on the server performance.

RH1
10-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Alcatrazz so what steps are those? What did they do?

limousine
10-29-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm starting a niche natural/eco-friendly ecommerce business and would like to use a green hosting company. I orginally was looking at using Yahoo's Small Business ecommerce solution simply because it's easy and everything is right "out of the box" plus it seems like a great way to get started with an ecommerce biz fairly easily. The only problem is their hosting isn't ecofriendly or "green". I would love to have a "green" web host since this goes along with my business and plus I don't want to be wasting energy. So my question is really two fold, 1) CAN I use a green" hosting service while at the same time using Yahoo's ecommerce solution 2) Which green hosting service is best?

Calebrure
11-11-2009, 02:01 PM
this is just a guide for you, these are the thing to look for:
1 uptime guarantee - this is actually what we pay for.
2 customer support - make sure they respond fast and they respond accurately.
3 company history - their reliability and how long they are on hosting busines.
4 the price - the price comes last for me for I believe in the saying you get what you pay for

berlynn77
11-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Hi There!
This is Berlynn!
Im new in this site!
Just keep on posting and help the other to their prob.
Thanks again.
Good Luck!...

Corporate Gifts
11-20-2009, 01:53 AM
Personally I like Seth Green. Robot Chicken is a pretty funny show, and he's one of the comedians who can pull off sarcasm.

Unfortunately I don't think he's really the type of humor that the WWE likes to show, never mind the fact that picking him was pretty much out of the blue. As much as I like Seth Green, he really doesn't fit in-- all the other hosts have been strongly linked to the WWE, and he definitely is not. (Besides, he's like 5'4"... he's going to look like a midget.

gymnByday
12-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Green hosting:
Good companies like dreamhost, Thinkhost, AISO are in the lead.
But are others following the lead? What do you think?
Dreamhost sure isnt in the lead. They just jumped on the bandwagon and did it as a marketing ploy after a few others set the standard.

Hadwin
02-05-2010, 11:13 AM
There are many web hosting providers and you might become confused to choose which one. I would like to tell you the web hosting I like to recommend. It is glowhost.com.This type of web hosting is just like your typical web hosting plan – but the difference lies in the way that the provider runs the company. They should operate in such a way that the environment will not be harmed.I also suggest you a website where you can find a list of hosting companies with the best features, support and pricing. You can get everything you need and it's very easy. For what you are asking visit this site…

Justin Bregar
02-16-2010, 07:24 AM
I have a client that wants to host their site with a "green" hosting service. I am building the site with ASP.NET MVC and SqlExpress. I've looked around and found a few wind-power solutions, etc, but they all support PHP/MySql or other non-M$ frameworks.

Has anyone found a green host that they like working with? Thanks for any help.

randytaylor789
04-26-2011, 03:14 PM
I concord with that, but if you really impoverishment ketamine go with a computer with a Speck processor. They use much fewer energy than the other Intel's and AMD's.

Callisto
04-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Green technologies do not influence the performance unfortunately, but since they are rather expensive to apply, the stable companies are only to be able to use them. I may name such hosts as webintellects.com and hostingsource.com to be such hosts.