PDA

View Full Version : What should I know before running e-commerce web site?

Peligino
07-08-2009, 03:45 AM
I wonder what are the most important things I should know before running an e-commerce web site? I have already done a search and found out that serverpoint.com offers nice shared web hosting plans and is optimized for e-commerce web hosting. It offers OsCommerce software. Is it good?
I will be very pleased if anyone participate in this discussion.

grimlins
07-08-2009, 06:47 AM
It's better to use e-commerce plans from the company like allwebnow.com, their plans are oriented on hosting e-stores with them.
They offer a free domain name and many other web master friendly features.

Joseph88
07-15-2009, 04:00 AM
Before running e-commerce web site, you must have good online business plan such as products and payment gateway.

Adam001
07-23-2009, 03:52 AM
Your web site should be well-designed and look pretty good in order to attract as much as possible visitors. There are several e-commerce saoftware like magento, zen cart, OsCommerce, etc. I can highly recommend you to check espinda.com special e-commerce web hosting plans ... it uses OsCommerce software and the price is reasonable for such amount of resources...

~ServerPoint~
07-23-2009, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the considering us. But what is the ecomerce sol;ution you would like to host?

bob
07-30-2009, 06:14 AM
Online Security is most important thing to be considered while you start operating your E-commerce website so you will need SSL Certificates to make secure online payments.

Glow
07-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Before to deal with the company, try to compare as much as possible web hosting offers - it will show you the best place to run your e-commerce web sites. My personal experience proves that webintellects.com will be a good option for you. The thing is that it offers 30-day money back & price-freeze guarantees, shared SSL encryption and miva order.
If you have any questions, you can contact their support which is responsive and friendly.

Equargal73
11-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi there,

I want to know how to promote an E-Commerce website.

Secondly what types of products and services are best to be promoted on E-Commerce sites?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Ts

HostEase
11-03-2009, 10:09 PM
You can do on page seo and off page seo.

hunter jordan
12-25-2009, 04:57 AM
I think you must read blogs on this topic. Just go to Google Blogs and type in the desired keywords, you'll get worth reading content and a lot of useful information also. Good luck!
--------------------------------------
Creative Ecommerce Web Design (http://www.atakinteractive.com/) Co.

DaveChris
12-25-2009, 10:11 AM
I wonder what are the most important things I should know before running an e-commerce web site? I have already done a search and found out that serverpoint.com offers nice shared web hosting plans and is optimized for e-commerce web hosting. It offers OsCommerce software. Is it good?
I will be very pleased if anyone participate in this discussion.

hi Peligino, you've to search well before you take any step, read for a while about e-commerce. after you gain good knowledge background, go compare prices and select what best suits you based on the certain features you're in need of and the budget you have.

BlakeStevens
03-03-2010, 10:07 AM
When I started my eCommerce website I worked with this company, but they also offer great resources. Check it out... there are a lot of articles with great information.

eCommerce Website Design Resources (http://www.outerboxdesign.com/web_design_articles/)

Vhianne
12-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Yes I agree with you Joseph88..you must plan your e-commerce site step by step...The most important thing to do is to plan carefully even to the smallest details of your site..After planning ..then that's the time that you will proceed to the next level.

schwa
04-26-2011, 06:17 AM
web building and master, how to do trade online and the bank cash flow stuff! I think they all are very important!

Winston
05-18-2011, 05:26 AM
1. Keyword in domain name that is easy for people to remember anytime.
2. Optimize the ecommerce site.
3. Provide secure transaction.
4. A navigable web design for users.

HenryWilson
06-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Your eCommerce website should be well-designed, look and feel should be pretty good in order to attract as much visitors as possible . There are several e-commerce saoftwares like magento, zen cart, OsCommerce, etc. Better you choose magento and choose a best web hosting provider.

James-A
06-10-2011, 01:44 AM
You should be very careful while choosing the hosting provider if you wish to start a E-commerce based website. The Hosting provider should provide Secured hosting services. The server on which your website is hosted much be secured enough to prevent your website from DDOS, Hacking or any other malicious activity. The hosting provider should also backup their servers frequently and should provide you with the latest backup if demanded. There should be a 24X7 Technical support offered because, as you are running a Online shop and if your website goes down for some reason, the hosting provider should immediately start working on it and should try to bring it up asap because if the website is down for more time, you might loose a good amount of money.

John karner
06-10-2011, 03:14 AM
Before launching the e-commerce web site must have good business plan online, such as the products and payment gateway. Dad, or the inability to understand how to strategize and effectively execute on Facebook. The figures are presented, any information about the background of the various companies that participated in this survey.

robwilley7
06-14-2011, 07:43 AM
If you are the owner of an E-commerce business, then it is imperative to have a strong support for running the online store efficiently. In context of the E-commerce website, the best supporting arm of an online shop is E-commerce shopping cart software. With the help of this shopping cart solution, you can manage the entire cash flow of your E-commerce business in the best possible manner. The time has almost gone when customers were satisfied by paying through PayPal. Now as the competition has been increased a lot, people are diverting towards more convenient mode of payment, where they can find the easiness and also can save their lot of time. E-commerce shoppingcart solution is considered as the best solution for running the E-commerce store successfully.

alexfrued
07-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Hi !

On my point of view before running Ecommerce website you should get more information regarding your business. You should get help from Ecommerce Solution Provide Company.

newyorkdd
07-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Before running e-commerce web site, you must have good online business plan such as products and payment gateway.

jonathanb72
10-27-2011, 12:27 PM
maybe you should know how to monetize your website, get profit from your traffic. I'm Jonathan BEHAR.

pestindia86
11-04-2011, 05:43 AM
hi i am agree thanks for share

JerrickYeoh
11-15-2011, 12:15 AM
you need to know how you going to start e-commerce website.

What you need in e-commerce website?
SSL? Payment Gateway? Delivery Service? System Calculation? Email ? Billing System? Shopping Cart?

Aden Kevin
11-16-2011, 03:57 AM
Before to handle the business, try to examine as much as possible web web host features - it will tell you the best position to run your e-commerce web web pages. My knowledge shows that webintellects.com will be the best position for you. The element is that there is 30-day cash back & price-freeze ensures, discussed SSL security and miva purchase.
If you have any concerns, you can get in touch with their assistance which is sensitive and pleasant.

John karner
11-17-2011, 12:46 AM
Before running the e-commerce website, you must have a good online business, including products and payment gateway.

samualleeker
11-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Another important factor to take into account is your audience. This is something that you should consider researching properly; knowing who will want to buy your products is something that influences your design.

Mclaurin Rachel
12-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Merchant account.
The Ecommerce business involves the online money processing so you must have online merchant account.

Payment gateway
It is the link between you r site and your bank to provide secure interface to your customers to share info of credit cards.

Database of e-commerce site
It has the main important. It must be secure enough.

Mikeleonard
12-09-2011, 12:43 AM
All your business plan depends on the e-commerce so it is necessary .

elwinjones
12-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Your web site should be well-designed and look pretty good in order to attract as much as possible visitors. There are several e-commerce saoftware like magento, zen cart, OsCommerce, etc. I can highly recommend you to check espinda.com special e-commerce web hosting plans ... it uses OsCommerce software and the price is reasonable for such amount of resources...

You have posted nice information .

jesicawillss
12-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Thanks adam for the site. I have checked. It is good.

star55
12-26-2011, 08:08 AM
you must have good online strategic business strategy such as items and transaction trip.

levieaston558
02-01-2012, 11:49 PM
The audience of the site is something that you should consider researching properly; knowing who will want to buy your products is something that influences your design.

moored585
02-03-2012, 04:39 AM
These types of web based sites are totally too technical to run. If you are planning to run one of these then you need special trainings.

Steve56
02-18-2012, 05:05 AM
As e-commerce suppliers, one should usually bring in an system to generate maximum customers and benefits for the company enterprise. These days it’s all about exposure and increased client traffic to your e-commerce website to grow business. Starting your own online products is an excellent way to strengthen your usage.

calebdean298
03-30-2012, 05:01 AM
You audience is the most important factor for you. For this, you must have the global view for the site building and constructing. This would help you for sure.

merryscanlan
04-02-2012, 12:07 AM
First you have to create features that you want to select in your e-commerce websites. You have to find out hosting requirements for e-commerce plugins. You must get SSL security certificates. Find out best e-commerce theme that is comfortable with your business. Create design with good personality. Also doing website navigation which help people to visit your site easily.

rafijaan
04-02-2012, 02:17 AM
E-commerce web site must be attractive and simple to use and the products has to be updated daily.

Sanfords
04-02-2012, 06:14 AM
I am very appreciated

Hadwin
07-26-2012, 06:37 AM
Your credit card merchant account can put you ahead of the competition, as others will see you as an innovative leader in your field and bring their business to you instead of other entrepreneurs who do not yet have merchant accounts. Payrol cash advance (http://www.merchantdigital.com/merchant-advance/)

designmansion
03-04-2024, 10:09 AM
So, there you have it! The best eCommerce website design (https://www.designsmansion.com/ecommerce-solutions.php) and implementation service crown goes to MakkPress Technologies. With their design wizards, usability whisperers, conversion conjurers, and wordsmiths, they'll take your online business to new heights.

nathandiaz
03-06-2024, 12:58 AM
Before running an e-commerce website, there are several important things that you should know:

Understand your target market: It’s important to have a clear understanding of who your target customers are, what their needs and preferences are, and how you can meet those needs through your products/services.

Choose the right platform: Selecting the right e-commerce platform is crucial for the success of your online store. Consider factors such as ease of use, customization options, payment gateways, and scalability when choosing an e-commerce platform.

Create a user-friendly website: Your e-commerce website should be easy to navigate, visually appealing, and mobile-responsive. Make sure to optimize your website for fast loading times and provide a smooth checkout process to enhance the user experience.

Develop a strong marketing strategy: In order to drive traffic to your website and attract customers, you need to have a solid marketing plan in place. This may include social media marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), email marketing, and paid advertising.

Ensure secure payment options: Security is a top priority for online shoppers, so it’s essential to provide secure payment options on your website. Consider using SSL certificates and reputable payment gateways to protect your customers’ sensitive information.

Provide excellent customer service: Building trust with your customers is key to building a successful e-commerce business. Make sure to offer exceptional customer service, including fast response times to inquiries and a hassle-free return policy.

Monitor and analyze performance: Regularly track and analyze key performance metrics such as traffic, conversion rates, and sales to identify areas for improvement and optimize your e-commerce website for success.

You can take reference from this blog How to Start an Ecommerce Business on Shopify 2024 (https://bharatlogic.com/how-to-start-an-ecommerce-business-on-shopify-2024/) ask me anytime to clear your doubt since its not as easy as it shown by youtube vloggers.