PDA

View Full Version : ONPAGE Optimization Question

kanch33
07-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Setting meta tags, keywords, title, meta description properly and publishing unique content are known as ONSITE SEO... Is there anything which I have missed here under ONSITE SEO?

rohit_tripathi
07-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Setting meta tags, keywords, title, meta description properly and publishing unique content are known as ONSITE SEO... Is there anything which I have missed here under ONSITE SEO?

Here are the following tactics of on-page SEO :

1. The Meta Keywords, Description and Robots tag — Google used description copy to market your site in its results, treat this as optimized sales copy. Make sure your sitemap.xml page is CONSTANTLY called up to the search engines
2. The Title Tag - The MOST important aspect of on-page SEO, just take our word for it.
3. The Body Text (focus on the body text in bold, for this denotes strong emphasis to the search engines)
4. The first sentence in the body text and the first words used per sentence are the most important ones for advanced on-page SEO necessities (Make it humanly readable and SE readable — The words used in the first sentence are most important due to the implementation of Google’s LSI algorithm)
5. The URL — The subdirectory folder and page of content should be SEO’d (i.e. http://domain.com/real-estate/real-estate-marketing-ideas.com would fetch a high ranking for a page dedicated to real estate marketing ideas - especially with many highly authoritative, relevant, deep in-bound links)
6. The H1 and H2 Texts are highly important - Why? They show the search engine the main subjects and Table of Contents for the content to be indexed. Make these keyword friendly and reflective of your page’s title tag.

7. Same Site Link Texts — The links connecting the pages of your site together must have your targeted keyword terms in them as well as all links throughout the site — even though it seems excessive, having variations to your targetted keywords would also help when linking out to other pages within your site.
8. Same-Site Link URLs — Not only should you be using your keywords to describe pages within your site, those URLs you link to must have SEO URLs ( eg: http://domain.com/your-keyword.html)
9. Outbound Link Text — Resources you link to must be SEO’d - If you are an internet marketing site and are linking to an email marketing company (email marketing software in this instance), you would use “Put your internet marketing on auto-pilot and use the best tool for internet marketers today - internet marketing email software. Then just use other variants to internet marketing.
10. IMG Alt Tags — Your images should be described via ALT Tags with the keywords you are optimizing for - If your image is hosted on your web-host, the file name of the images should also be SEO’d — If you have an image about polar bears have it be polar-bear.jpg in your images folder.
11. Keyword Density — 8% is excellent and doesn’t seem spammy, if you have a 500 word article, then 40 of those words should have variances of the search term you are targeting, if this seems excessive, lower the keyword density down to 5% and you will only need to add 25 variances/instances of your keyword. And that’s just a start… (Keyword prominence is big, but not worth a discussion).
12. Lastly and surprisingly, Your HTML comments should have your SEO terms in them (!!) — As a question to the relevancy this has to your ranking, I am unsure, but most of the large sites have html comments connected to their search terms. If you end up doing an analysis of your on-page content, you can find out if the high ranked sites for your keyword use HTML comments tagged to the keyword(s) being targeted.

~ServerPoint~
09-26-2009, 04:22 AM
I believe keyword density is the most important issue

shakir
09-29-2009, 04:08 AM
URL optimization is another important factor in on page

~ServerPoint~
09-29-2009, 04:56 AM
URL optimization is another important factor in on page

Do you mean that is useful to include keywords in the URL?

brooks
09-30-2009, 06:08 AM
On-page optimization should include... Choosing right domain name, Creation of Title tags, Creation of Optimized Meta Tags, Robots.txt creation, Hyperlink optimization, Internal linking, Heading Tags Optimization, SEO Copywriting, Images Optimization etc..

steveareno
09-30-2009, 06:32 PM
As far as I'm concern 80% of on-page is your title.
The other 20% is having your keyword phrase repeated twice (3 times total).
Repeating it any more (i.e. higher "density") is 0%.
Metatags and descriptions are also 0%.

Just my humble opinion. :D

rumsfo
10-01-2009, 04:38 AM
On-page optimization should include... Choosing right domain name, Creation of Title tags, Creation of Optimized Meta Tags, Robots.txt creation, Hyperlink optimization, Internal linking, Heading Tags Optimization, SEO Copywriting, Images Optimization etc..

I would not agree about domain name. As far as I know that is not so important for the SEO at all

benivolent
10-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Onpage seo is all about

Keyword Research
Keyword Finalization
Meta Tags
Title Tags
Alt Tags
Anchor Text
Creation of Sitemap
Page Titles
Meta Keywords
Meta Description
Image Optimization
Optimizing Content
Optimized URL Structure
Optimized Linking

bermuda
10-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Using keywords inside the URLs of the pages might have some minor points, that's why most blogs are using this formula nowadays.

diademtech
10-08-2009, 12:40 PM
I believe off page optimisation is even more significant than onpage optimisation factors and needs to be paid a higher degree of effort than simply relying on onpage optimisation.

Thanks,
Hriday Biyani

gate2vn
10-09-2009, 01:54 AM
If you haven't done good on-page optimization, don't even think about off-page :)

Hosting India
10-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Maintaining a good keyword density is also important, try to avoid keyword stuffing. also proper use of anchor text ans hyperlinks also can be included and helps a lot

mani ge3e
06-30-2016, 11:53 PM
Search Engine Optimization On Page
On Page Optimization Techniques
On Page Keyword Optimization
What Is On Page Seo Optimization

On Page Optimization Checklist
On Page And Off Optimization
On Page Optimization Steps
On Page Search Engine Optimization Seo

seomarqetrix
07-01-2016, 12:48 AM
Thanks for sharing this information.

ShreyaKoushik
07-01-2016, 07:31 AM
On-page optimization refers to all measures that can be taken directly with in the website in order to improve its position in the search rankings. Blog Post Title, Submission of XML Sitemap, Post Permalink Structure, Implementation of Google Analytics, Heading Tags, Keyword Density, Anchor Text Optimization, Meta Tags, Alt Tag Optimization, Addition of Images, Content Interlinking, Title Tag Optimization, Web page Specific Meta Tag, Linking out to External Websites, Write Engaging Content, Keyword Research and Evaluation.