PDA

View Full Version : Making the jump to VPS or Dedicated?

Simon26
01-22-2016, 04:26 AM
Hello

I've been reselling websites on Belira for over a year now, and am getting to the point where I need to think about either:

1. Buying a second reseller hosting account
2. Upgrading and moving all my accounts to a VPS
3. Buying a dedicated server.

Price isn't an issue for me, it's the knowledge really. My host can install cPanel and secure it for me (which is great for the first one, right?) but is there anything else I need to know before I make the jump to a VPS?

Thanks for help

DAC
01-22-2016, 01:26 PM
Hi Simon26,

If you're considering a move to a VPS you have to consider updates of software, licenses and more. If your provider gives you a managed VPS, then there's nothing to worry about, they would take care of it. But you might want to look for a managed VPS first of all. The dedicated server would be too much of a jump for you right now, maybe after you've been on a VPS for a while and exhausted its resources.

leasedlayer
01-22-2016, 11:23 PM
Moving to VPS would be better option, Even I suggest you to go for Managed VPS, Where you will get Free WHM/cpanel and Free management support monthly. You will be having sufficient dedicated resources and choice of VPS Location. Use VPS for sometime and If you are getting many clients then shift to dedicated server in future.

Simon26
01-23-2016, 05:15 PM
Thanks all, I've been talking to my host who's been really helpful with installing cPanel and helping me move all my accounts over to the VPS.

I'm now familiarising myself with the firewall and additional settings within WHM.

It's great having confirmation going to a VPS was the best thing though, so thank you. It wasn't as difficult and the learning curve wasn't as steep as I thought it would be.

ikoula
01-27-2016, 06:50 AM
Hello,

Even if getting a CPANEL you should get some sys admin knowledge.

decyjohn
02-07-2016, 12:29 AM
First, it is important to understand what a VPS or virtual private server actually is. Virtual private servers can also be referred to as a virtual root server (VRS) or a virtual dedicated server (VDS). When a virtual private server is referred to as a virtual dedicated server (VDS) it usually indicates that the server does not use burst or shared RAM.

onlinephotosale
02-20-2016, 07:17 AM
Both are power full service. But one this is matter where to get best srvices and what is your requirment.

hothealthtopics
02-22-2016, 12:58 AM
i think the move to vps was the best and nice to see you took it..

Alanah_Rae
03-15-2016, 11:14 AM
First, it is important to understand what a VPS or virtual private server actually is. Virtual private servers can also be referred to as a virtual root server (VRS) or a virtual dedicated server (VDS). When a virtual private server is referred to as a virtual dedicated server (VDS) it usually indicates that the server does not use burst or shared RAM.

Thanks for the information.