PDA

View Full Version : Issue with my VPS - Help Required

ilead
02-12-2016, 07:37 AM
I have purchased a VPS about 3 months ago. Properly installed, configured and managed whm with cpanel, hosting packages, DNS entries etc. After than i have made total 5 Hosting accounts in it. 3 of them are working fine but the remain 2 are not working, showing error "could not find dns or server could not found". All the things are same for my first 3 hosting accounts as the last 2, first 3 are working and others are not.

I have searched and tried many tutorials about it but could not find its solution, even i exactly don't know, whats the problem with it?

Is there any mistake which i have made during configuration? If this is true than all domains should not work but some of them are working fine.

Please share your opinions about it. Waiting for your kind response. Thanks in advance.

VerdinaNET
02-15-2016, 03:16 AM
If it's managed, you should contact the support from the company you purchased the VPS with the issue you are facing.

ilead
02-15-2016, 07:27 AM
Thanks VerdinaNet. I have also tried to contact the support of my vps server providers. They asked me that they will review my server & its setting with the cost of 60 euro per 15 minutes and estimate time of finding and resolving issue is 3-5 hours that will become almost 900-1200 euros that's much expensive for a simple VPS.

ikoula
02-16-2016, 08:52 AM
Hello,

What's in /etc/resolv.conf ?

Pravin
02-18-2016, 01:34 AM
Try deleting those non working accounts and reconfigure again. Faced the same issue in past and this solution helped.

Bobby
02-18-2016, 10:21 AM
I htink it's better to have a deal with time-tested companies like winnervps.com (https://winnervps.com/newlinuxplan.php), they provide Redundant Servers and Quality Support which ensure maximum customer satisfaction with a standard set of performance and reliability.

DAC
02-18-2016, 05:55 PM
Hi ilead,

I would suggest you check the DNS zone for the non working domains. You can create custom nameservers with A records then at the registrar for those domains set the new nameservers. It's just a DNS issue, nothing major has to be done. Create custom nameservers, point them to the same server IP and set the new nameservers at the registrar and that should be it.

Vec&sec
03-11-2016, 07:30 AM
Customers' safety should be the main goal for any web host.
Personally I have had a good run dealing with HostingSource.com and its vps hosting services.
The uptime is excellent, their promise of 100% is correct. I like their FB page: facebook.com/HostingSource

Alanah_Rae
03-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Customers' safety should be the main goal for any web host.
Personally I have had a good run dealing with HostingSource.com and its vps hosting services.
The uptime is excellent, their promise of 100% is correct. I like their FB page: facebook.com/HostingSource

Thanks for the info !!

Ravi Kumar
03-24-2016, 07:15 AM
Hi,
configure name servers correctly. i think mostly it is dns issue. share what type of error you got.

thewebhostingdi
03-25-2016, 12:14 AM
When other domains are working correctly then I believe DNS is configured and setup correctly. What I would suggest is, terminate the non functional accounts and create them again via WHM. Alternatively, check if following config files have necessary entries of the domains you added.

/etc/hosts
/etc/named.conf
/etc/resolv.conf

webdesign123
05-24-2016, 02:51 AM
Thanks VerdinaNet. I have also tried to contact the support of my vps server providers. They asked me that they will review my server & its setting with the cost of 60 euro per 15 minutes and estimate time of finding and resolving issue is 3-5 hours that will become almost 900-1200 euros that's much expensive for a simple VPS.