PDA

View Full Version : What is your attitude to magento software?

Glow
09-03-2009, 02:45 AM
What companies do you know which supports magento software?
What is the difference between magento and Os Commerce?
As for me, I know only serverpoint.com offers magento web hosting and provides unmatched speed for it. Have you ever host e-commerce web sites via this company?
Do you know any other companies which offers it?

Bull
09-08-2009, 04:17 AM
I have read many reviews about serverpoint.com and I can say that many of web masters host e-commerce web sites via this company and also appreciate magento software as the best one. They have reliable equipment, redundant bandwidth, and a highly-trained staff. Taking into account these three important factors, I believe you will find the most appropriate host.

~ServerPoint~
09-08-2009, 04:21 AM
Thanks. Let me explain. We provide web hosting for it. The application is open source. All what we do is keep our servers managed for that

bob
09-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Magento hosting can be managed by any reliable hosting company that has knowledgeable support staff.

Sabatier
10-15-2009, 01:24 AM
I've found it to be extremely slow.

rumsfo
10-15-2009, 03:51 AM
I've found it to be extremely slow.

I assume that depends on the web hosting service provider
not on the web application itself

RH1
10-15-2009, 11:29 PM
Actually I have to agree with Sabatier
I have our servers set up to run the software but it really is cumbersome and requires a lot of things normal hosts dont use. Even after its set up it just doesnt run that well because of its requirements.

I even found that it wants to have rights and puts things in the tmp files and didnt like that one bit. Personally Id rather not support it

pgge5
10-23-2009, 11:32 AM
THere are and other e-commerce scripts than Magento. I don't like Magento because of it's requirements. Try take a look at CS-Cart, X-Cart, Cube Cart etc that have smaller requirements.

HostEase
10-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Most of hosting companies provide e-Commerce,such as X-Cart,Cube Cart etc.Magento is also a shop programe but it has large requirements.

bostermax
12-19-2009, 03:22 AM
It is very nice clean design.And looks really good – but have noted many comments about speed. Will leave until out of Beta.