PDA

View Full Version : confused newbie looking for answers

ragaccessible
07-20-2016, 09:26 PM
Hi everyone! just got a few questions here, I may sound stupid or what; but here goes...

How do you manage the availability, usability, integrity, and security of the data employed in an enterprise? I've been hearing about data governance from our IT team and somehow I am still confused on what does it mean and how it works. Can anyone here explain it in simple form (non technical)? What does a sound data governance program include? And before i forget, could someone also explain what marketing tags are? TIA!

dashingsee
07-23-2016, 03:30 AM
Basically, data governance is not meant to solve all business or IT problems in an organization. The main goals and objectives of data governance includes (1) The the definition, approval, and communicate data strategies, policies and standards. (2) Tracking and enforcing conformance to data policies, standards, architecture, and procedures. (3) Sponsoring, tracking, and overseeing the delivery of data management projects and services. (4) Managing and resolving data related issues and understanding and promoting the value of data assets.

ragaccessible
07-25-2016, 08:55 AM
Thanks, I think your idea is similar to what I have read in this site "https://www.ghostery.com/intelligence/tag-management/". Anyway, TY