PDA

View Full Version : Want to design my Personal portfolio Web?

Fireman
10-07-2009, 03:17 AM
hi every one

i need one webdesigner who can design my personal portfolio website. i am related to packing business and my friends made personal website and thatswhy i also want to design my web.

anyone can guide me?

~ServerPoint~
10-07-2009, 04:11 AM
LOL you are web designer and looking for the designer?

Fireman
10-08-2009, 05:55 AM
no i am not webdesigner, basically i am business investor and i can design unprofessional website but i want to make professional look website thatswhy.

bob
10-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I think you should look for a web designing firm or a freelancer web designers to accomplish the task.

johnpeter
10-10-2009, 04:42 AM
Hi,
Follow steps to create a website,

1. Logo

Your logo is usually the first thing a user sees. In the Western world, we read from left to right, top to bottom, so it makes sense to put your logo in the top left of your website so that users can immediately identify who owns the website.

2. Tagline

Once the user sees who owns the website, they’ll want to know what it is you do. This is where you explain what you do with a tagline. Your tagline should be short and snappy, summarizing what you do.

Things to ask yourself when writing your tagline:

* What are you? A designer? A writer? A developer?
* What do you do? Design websites? Develop games?
* Where are you from? Country? City?
* Are you a freelancer or do you work for a studio? Are you looking for work?

tag2.jpg

Sarah Longnecker makes it clear that she puts together videos and is good at it.
3. Portfolio

This is a personal portfolio website after all, so your portfolio will determine whether the website is interesting or not. People will want to see your previous work to decide whether you’re good or not and for general interest, to see what you’ve been up to in the past.

Leigh Taylor displays nice clear screenshots of previous work and indicates what software was used during development.
4. Services

Your tagline summed up what you do, but you’ll want to go into a bit more detail here about each service that you offer. You can’t expect potential clients to guess what you do based on your portfolio, and you don’t want to leave them wondering whether you offer a particular service or not.

5. About me

It’s all about you. Let people see the man or woman behind the mask (i.e. website). Share your background, where you came from, how many years you’ve been in the business, etc. The more details you give, the better your users can form a bond and build trust with you.
6. Contact

This is one of the most important elements of a portfolio website but is often hidden or even neglected. A potential client has browsed your website, is impressed with your portfolio and can see who you are. Now they want to hire you.

Your contact information should be obvious and easy to access; don’t hide it in the footer. Let people know they can contact you for a quote or a chat. Use a form to make it easier for users to contact you (so that they don’t have to take down your email address and then open up their email manager). A form also allows you to ask for specific information, such as name, email address, website URL, details of inquiry.

Stuart Johnston offers clear contact details throughout his website but also provides an easy-to-use contact form.
7. Blog

A blog is always a good idea. Blog about your area of expertise; show you know what you’re talking about. It will help promote you and prevent your website from lying static.

Chris Wallace uses his blog about Web design-related topics to help out other people in the industry and to engage in discussion.
8. Call to action

Ask yourself what you want to get out of your personal portfolio website. Do you want to be hired? Attract more blog readers? Maybe you just want people to know who you are.

Matthew Brown’s call to action is a contrasting button that stands out from the rest of the website.
9. Use social networking websites

Now that people have an interest in you and your work, encourage them to follow you on other websites. Make it clear that they can follow you on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, LinkedIn, etc. Make the most of social networks and have a group of friends to call on if needed.

Thank you....

Fireman
10-12-2009, 04:55 AM
thanks to guide me

webdigger
10-13-2009, 03:57 AM
Why not searching with some competitive keywords in Google. Just browse through the portfolio sections of their websites before taking a final decision. I believe you will be able to take a good decision without facing any hassle.