PDA

View Full Version : cPanel TIPS: Hidden files in cPanel?

yohost.org
10-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Everyone who ever tried to edit dotfiles (like .htaccess) via cPanel has encountered a problem that you just cannot find this file. Although Search option can identify that the file exists you cannot access it and perform any modifications to these file.

What cPanel wants is to secure important for you site operation files from accidently usage.

How to show hidden files in cPanel File Manager?

When you first click on File Manager in cPanel a Directory Selection pop-up appears. Here you can select what directory to open and set the option to show dotfiles as it shown on attachment.

Hope this was useful for beginners :)

lenovohost
10-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Nice information

Alefike09
12-30-2009, 02:47 PM
when accessing sites cpanel showing blank page
this problwm occures when accessing any site on the server

what is the solution

i restarted the cpanel and the problem still and the cpanel stopped working

any help please

HostEase
12-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Everyone who ever tried to edit dotfiles (like .htaccess) via cPanel has encountered a problem that you just cannot find this file. Although Search option can identify that the file exists you cannot access it and perform any modifications to these file.

What cPanel wants is to secure important for you site operation files from accidently usage.

How to show hidden files in cPanel File Manager?

When you first click on File Manager in cPanel a Directory Selection pop-up appears. Here you can select what directory to open and set the option to show dotfiles as it shown on attachment.

Hope this was useful for beginners :)
it is very good for newbie.

~ServerPoint~
01-09-2010, 04:32 AM
Thanks for information. But Cpanel has own guide and any beginner can use that if he or she would like to learn more. ;)

HosTechS
01-22-2010, 04:53 PM
If you still want to check hidden files through SSH you can use ls -a it will list all hidden files.

brainpulse
04-19-2010, 06:46 AM
nice information ........

its part of configuration, if you like show file u can set, but some default security label apply to all a/c.

You need to set own as per your need...........

Ivan Hutchins
09-07-2010, 03:32 AM
I have the same problems as Alefike09. What should I do. Can anybody tell me.

JemsRoker
10-09-2010, 01:18 AM
If you are application the actual accepted CPanel hosting ascendancy console for your hosting, you ability or ability not apperceive about the congenital in book manager. It is like a congenital FTP applicant and can be acclimated to upload your website files to the hosting server.

Jessicad0505
08-27-2018, 02:15 PM
C panel has own guide and any beginner can use that if he or she would like to learn more about it