PDA

View Full Version : Bob Parsons of Go Daddy and the SuperBowl

WebEdit
08-08-2005, 01:32 AM
Check out this link to Bob Parson's blog (http://www.bobparsons.com/ShouldGoDaddyadvertiseagainontheSuperBowlIsitreall yafamilyeventWhathappensinLasVegast.html).

He talks about how his last ad on the Super Bowl was banned after a first run and whether he should run an ad this year and how he's had 4 ads rejected already.

I think it's interesting the debate between what is healthy for people to see and what responsibility advertisers have and censorship. While his commercials may be lame, rude, disrespectful, or otherwise in bad taste I think we have to uphold the freedom of speech as much as we can. This country is starting to be like communist China as far as what you can say or can't say.

ElCaballo
08-08-2005, 03:11 AM
Love it or leave it you commie! If you think America is like China why don't you go try living there for awhile and then when you come back you'll appreciate the Super Bowl a little more.

WebEdit
08-09-2005, 01:02 AM
All I'm saying is that the founding fathers established this country on freedom and that's why we value things like individuality in our country. More and more, everything is held to a lowest common denominator such that if anything could possibly offend anyone then it is blasted as anti-somebody or another. As the communication lines continue to open up across the world there will be less and less that doesn't offend somebody.

I wish people could just be more tolerant of other people's ideas and opinions and not take everything so personally.