PDA

View Full Version : What to Look for in a Web Host ?

Sankara Vignesh
05-20-2017, 02:52 AM
Tell about the things which we are expecting from the web hosting providers !

davidnguyen
05-20-2017, 11:59 PM
I care about price, service and support quality, but I like famous brands

Hostrigs17
06-07-2017, 12:14 PM
I care about Application Installations, Repair & Maintenance, 24/7/365 Online Support, 360 Degree Security Assistance, On Demand Monitoring.

dashingsee
07-17-2017, 11:58 PM
First and foremost a web host must have a good market reputation and experience of the web hosting. The host you are getting must agree for a free trial offer.

Vec&sec
07-18-2017, 06:20 AM
I always look for a few things:
1. Reliability
2. Support/Knowledge
3. Price - as the others have said, you get what you pay for really.
If you need reliable hosting services in Mexico, can say that digitalserver.com.mx is really good one.
Their website is professional and straightforward; they report the facts clearly and intelligently.

meerashah
07-20-2017, 07:29 AM
Reliability
speed of access
Bandwidth
Disk space
Technical support
Control Panel

I think this are the major points for any web host.

aegisinfoways
07-21-2017, 05:00 AM
First of all a web variety must have a good market popularity and experience of the web hosting. The variety you are getting must agree for an effort.

jonny deep
07-21-2017, 09:16 AM
When choosing your web hosting, one of your primary concerns will obviously be How much data can i store

basicnet
07-21-2017, 08:33 PM
One of the things not yet mentioned above: location of the server your account/s will be on. For speed, reliability, and visitor/customer experience with these, make sure the server location matches the expected base location of most of your website visitors (at least in terms of continent). E.g., do not get a host in the US when your visitors are mostly in Europe, or reverse.

John

joselin
07-24-2017, 02:31 AM
Look for these things when you plan to buy hosting from a web host.

1. Disk Space
2. Bandwidth
3. Server Uptime
4. Technical Support
5. Security
6. Availability of CPanel
7. Discounts offered etc.

noyasystem
07-24-2017, 03:13 AM
There are few things that you can keep in your mind when approaching for a buy a host or server.

One thing is Server uptime percentage that is how your server is down. For example a server with a uptime of 99% means approximately 3 days or 72 hours down in a year.

Other factors are Bandiwth, Diskpace, simultaneous access (normally 50 visitors at a time may be a good) for database access

noyasystem
07-24-2017, 03:19 AM
There are a few things that you should bear in mind when you approach a hosting company.

- Server uptime. 99% server uptime, means 3 days or 72 hours in a year, your sever is down.
- Diskspace.
- Bandwidth.
- Max allowed simultaneous Database access.
- The number of website hosted on the server

commodity tips
07-24-2017, 05:03 AM
location of the server your account/s will be on.

atlashost
12-11-2017, 03:46 AM
I care about Application Installations, Repair & Maintenance, 24/7/365 Online Support, 360 Degree Security Assistance, On Demand Monitoring.

طراحی سایت (http://gowebsite.ir)

thewinin
12-28-2017, 05:15 AM
Price
Focus Areas or Specialties
Technical Support
Features and Add-ons
Hardware
Reputation/Satisfaction/Customer Review
Email Features
Control Panel and User Interface
Room to Grow

24x7servermanag
12-29-2017, 06:13 AM
Here are points which you should check for the web host -

1. 24X7 support service
2. Quality support
3. Best technical resolution of the queries
4. Minimum server downtime
5. Maximum server uptime.
6. Proper security and firewall setup.
7. Affordable cost

techsophia
01-06-2018, 03:41 AM
Hello

1. Know your hosting needs.
2. Investigate on host reliability and uptime guarantees.
3. Study web host upgrading options.
4. Check all hosting features (such as number of addon domains allowed) based on your needs.
5. Check prices on both sign up and renewal.
6. Check hosting control panel.
7. Read hosting company’s ToS to find out more about account suspension and server usage policy.
8. Other supporting features (ie. site backup, environmental friendliness, etc)

Hope it helps you

harry_v
01-06-2018, 07:38 AM
The main points you should look before selecting a webhosting provider (https://www.accuwebhosting.com/) are.
1. Do they provide uptime guarantee with SLA.
2. Moneyback period
3. 24/7 support (atleast 2 medium like tickets and chat)
4. Backup policy (Do they provide free backup)
5. Complimentary services
6. What kind of features are provided and at what price. (Don't go for unlimited as it is not required most of time).

Mafia Host
01-06-2018, 10:22 PM
i believe customers should look for the following; quality support, free ddos protection and ssl's, disk space, bandwidth and the reputation of a company. I think all hosting companies should go above and beyond to build a relationship with the client and provide extradonity support

James-A
01-09-2018, 02:03 AM
Finding the right web host can be challenging, yet it is crucial that the company you go with and the package you choose are right for your business - not just for now but as you grow.

While choosing web host you need to consider following important factors of web host.

Security and reliability
Customer Service
Server Software
Internet Connection used by host
Speed

So to help you, know the checklist of essential web hosting services (https://www.webhosting.uk.com/blog/15-essential-features-of-great-web-hosting/) that you should look for. Hopefully, this post will have given you a detailed insight into the hosting features that many businesses will need. Remember, when choosing a host or package, not just to think of your present requirements but also what you’ll need in the future.

stubcreator
01-09-2018, 04:05 AM
1. Amount of Storage
2. Amount of Bandwidth
3. Number of Domains and Subdomains
4. Email Accounts and Features
5. Database Support
6. Framework Support and Easy-Install
7. Mobile App or Website
8. Tech Support
9. Shell Access
10. .htaccess Files