Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Affiliate Programs

I would like to know which are the best affiliate programs to use on a web site about travel. I would also like to know if you think affiliate programs make a web site look 'cheap' in any way? Can people really make any money from affiliate programs?

El Newbo

NS-Icon
    Hi El Newbo,

Generally it is possible to make money from various affiliate programs in one way or another. I would recommend affiliate programs which are known in the market as they tend to be more secure and trusted by those wishing to take part in your affiliate program.

One of the popular ones is CJ.com, it’s called Commission Junction and provides a range of affiliate programs one can choose from, even eBay use them for their program, it does not appear to make their service look cheap so I wouldn’t worry about that aspect.

Best of luck,

I think affiliate programs are good for your site from the marketing and promotion point of view. Affiliate programs don't give your site a cheap look and are very good for the revenue they generate . One of the affiliate program provider is affiliate-programs-guide.com.

you can try to see if anyone of same interests want to exchange it perhaps?

We currently use iDevAffiliate and it works terrific. Good thing about it is that its easy to install, easy to modify and easy to administer.
    AYKsolutions.com
    Hosting & Web Design
    Professional. Painless. Polite.
    Visit our Forum & FAQ .

1PlanHost
    Yes, you certainly CAN make money from affiliate programs and some do very well at it. Many web hosting companies offer affiliate programs which can be very profitable if you market your site or service well. The key is getting as many targeted visitors to your web site as possible that may be interested in what the affiliate programs are selling. Without the highly targeted traffic however, you will be lucky to get more than $10 per month in affiliate commissions. Many highly successful affiliate marketers actually buy Google Adwords and other targeted traffic to their sites which in turn yields a percentage and for some a decent ROI.

As the old saying goes "Rome wasn't built in a day" so take your time, build quality content on your site and quality traffic. And by all means strive to make your site DIFFERENT than all the rest! Market differentiation is paramount to your success.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

I have seen sites with 1000s of pages unique content getting hardly any visitors. Having unique content is important, but getting visitors is another story.

1PlanHost
    Absolutely! Both are vital and one without the other leads to a long road to nowhere.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

"Unique content is all it takes" is a very popular myth . If you are running web business, getting visitors and converting them into customers is the single important goal you have.

One really great affiliate program site you can look at is http://www.linkshare.com. They have some killer schemes including Western Union. In addition, if you have a half decent travel website, you really should get involved with http://www.worldnomads.com. They are a travel insurance website based in Australia and they pay pretty well for this type of scheme.

David H

free ebay listings software, CJ flexible linking tool

Hi look at this tool for creating ebay listings in your website

http://www.sysworkers.com/free-ebay-software.asp

freeware open source

The One that i know, are layer-ads.de, he handle all country´s.

"Unique content is all it takes" is a very popular myth . If you are running web business, getting visitors and converting them into customers is the single important goal you have.
    I totally agree. Well said!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast