Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which CMS is best for e-commerce: Wordpress or Joomla

Hello everyone,

Which CMS is best for e-commerce: Wordpress or Joomla ??

I like wordpress and if you are looking for professional host, I can recommend QHoster.com cPanel web hosting deals.
    Their help desk is fast and efficient. I'm often surprised with how quick they answer my questions & their patience & politeness.

Both the platform have their own feature and importance. I am listing few important points about them. Hope it will help you in deciding what to choose:
    1. People really like the WordPress interface better than the Joomla interface.
    2. Joomla is way more flexible but Lil bit complex in using its backend functionalities as compared to WordPress.
    3. WordPress does blogs like a boss.
    4. Joomla is more secure than WordPress as you are looking for ecommerce that require more security.

Thanks

I can recommend Kvchosting.com and their ssd web hosting solutions. It would be reasonable to contact them.
    They have an amazing reputation for providing secured hosting service at very competitive price along with superb customer service.

Joomla is better than Wordpress

Its my personal experience, and I found that Joomla is far better than word press, if you are going to create any eCommerce website. The most important benefits that Joomla provided is the level of security. Joomla provides a very high level of security which is the most important requirement for any eCommerce website.
    So, select Joomla if you are going to create any eCommerce website.

I like wordpress and if you are looking for professional host, I can recommend QHoster.com cPanel web hosting deals.

Joomla is better, only if you are able to find good developer to build your website. If you are looking to start building yourself, wordpress is good to start with. WordPress is good upto 200 products. Beyond that it is better to move to Magento. There are hosted SaaS products like shopify and others, but nothing comes better than a self hosted CMS or Ecommerce shopping cart solution. Coming to security issues, you need to look at the following:

I assume that you would prefer wordpress.

1) WordPress Security Plugin (Must iThemes Security or Wordfence)
    2) SSL Must, this is 2017. And it is must for every website to start using SSL certificates. Read more here: https://rankmyhub.com/ssl-mandatory-2017-wordpress/
    3) Use premium or quality coded themes, you can start with woocommerce recommended themes. Do not go with themeforest themes, most of them are not secure or code quality is not good.
    4) Use hosted payment gateway. Yes, use external payment processor like paypal or stripe or something else. Do not store your customers CC data on your server.
    5) Use minimal plugins, do not install whatever plugin you find on wordpress plugin marketplace. Keep things simple and short.
    6) Choose a safe, secure and reliable web hosting ( You can try us for FREE and see if we fit your needs. https://rankmyhub.com/hybrid-web-hosting/ )
    7) Regularly update your wordpress plugins, core files and themes. Essentially it is mandatory for ecommerce websites.
    8) Avoid using cracked themes or plugins or nulled software entirely, they do more harm than good.
    9) Regularly backup your website data, if possible host with provider who offers daily backups. ( we are one among them).
    10) Install W3TC, WP Smush and Autooptimize plugins for performance optimization. If you can afford, use paid CDN or else build self hosted CDN.

These 10 points will definitely help you to get started with your wordpress woocommerce website. I wish you good luck with your business. Thank you.
    Information Technology and Services for Global Businesses.
    Web Designing | Web Development | Web Hosting and Information Technology Services
    Web: https://rankmyhub.com/

I know that dcxv.com web host offers really cool e-commerce friendly hosting packages at good rates.
    Take a look at their cheap web hosting packages. Since I've signed up, every single question I have had has been answered immediately and intelligently. I've noticed no downtime and my site loads faster than ever.

When it comes to CMSs, WordPress, Joomla! and Drupal are the three leading names today. They all have their own strenghts.

Use Drupal for community platform sites with multiple users; for online stores.

Wordpress is ideal for fairly simple web sites, such as everyday blogging and news sites; and anyone looking for an easy-to-manage site.

Joomla allows you to build a site with more content and structure flexibility than Wordpress offers, but still with fairly easy usage. It supports e-commerce, social networking and more.

Wordpress is the best..

Wordpress is Content Management Platform and usually used for blogs, Joomla is the best option if you have a great technical knowledge about programming, Drupal is best as a security aspects. Magento is best for design large e-commerce websites.
    here's a small article on WordPress v/s Magento, hope you will like it
    http://www.blog.onlinepromotionindia...ss-vs-magento/

I can say both are having their unique technology and features, If you are looking for e-commerce hosting i would suggest you to check scopehosts wordpress and joomla hosting services, They do provide secure platform to host your site and products and services. Have a look on their services

Complete Shutters Unit 1, Taylors Farm, Gravel Lane, Chigwell, Essex. IG7 6DQ
    I think wordpress is the best.

Wordpress platforms is suitable for relatively easy web websites, such as daily writing a blog and information sites and anyone looking for an easy-to-manage site.

I will recommend WordPress, rather than Joomla for eCommerce.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast