How do I stop SPAM being sent from my server?

Hello folks,

I am here for some suggestions, Junk Emails deliver from VPS Servers, How do I stop SPAM being sent from my server?

Registered User 24x7servermanag's Avatar
    Please follow below tips to stop SPAM being sent from your server -

1. Enable "Track email origin via X-Source email headers" in WHM >> Tweak Settings under the mail tab. This could help investigate finding the malicious script.

2. Also check your exim log_selector and update the following options -

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    log_selector = +address_rewrite +all_parents +arguments +connection_reject +delay_delivery +delivery_size +dnslist_defer +incoming_interface +incoming_port +lost_incoming_connection+queue_run +received_sender +received_recipients +retry_defer +sender_on_delivery +size_reject +skip_delivery +smtp_confirmation +smtp_connection +smtp_protocol_error +smtp_syntax_error +subject +tls_cipher +tls_peerdn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. With the plus or minus characters you can increase OR reduce your exim logging. Here are the More details of all exim_logs items Log files -

/var/log/exim_mainlog
    /var/log/maillog

4. Clear up your mail queue. You can check the mail headers before removing the emails.
    Server Management Company
    India's Leading Managed Service Provider | Skype: techs24x7
    Cpanel Technical Discussions - Lets talk !

Stop rejected as Spam emails being sent. babbler, Feb 18, 2016, in forum: E-mail Discussions. ...
    Stop sendmail spam. ...
    stop spam from authenticated local user. ...
    Spamassassin stops filtering after implementing outbound spam filter. ...
    Stop Incoming Email Except from External Spam Filter.

You can follow below Kb to reduce outgoing and incoming spam mails.
    https://manage.accuwebhosting.com/kn...l-Hosting.html
    AccuWebHosting - The best and most reliable web hosting provider
    VPS Hosting

hi,

If your server is sending spam, most likely you've already ended up on an RBL blacklist.

Make sure that you have a send limit enabled, Check /etc/virtual/usage to see which User has a higher-than-average bytes log. If any User stands out, then they're likely it.

If you have the latest exim.pl, and DA 1.41.1 or newer, you should be able to log into DA as that User, and go to:
    User Level -> E-Mail Accounts -> E-Mail Usage
    "Powerfull state of the art DELL servers!"
    VpsWebServer - Ultimate Windows VPS hosting | Dedicated hardware MS Hyper-V technology Premium bandwidth providers
    SupportTM - Chat support Full 24/7 help desk support Email support