Does changing post title effect SEO?

On my blog, I have some old posts that I would change its titles because they are old and not fit to targeted keywords at this time. But I am wondering it will hurt my SEO if I change the title completely on these blog posts? I mean I'd leave n ew targeted keywords in them but they will be different!

Please share your experience!

Thank you!

Registered User 24x7servermanag's Avatar
    Off-course, page title is the important factor in the SEO. You will loose the ranking if you will update the page title. The effect of it will be until the next next index linking by Google. Google will reindex your post and see what you have on the title, description and event in the content. However, these parts should match each other with new keywords.
    Server Management Company
    India's Leading Managed Service Provider | Skype: techs24x7
    Cpanel Technical Discussions - Lets talk !

Updating the website will boost the rankings

Changing the title after a few weeks will probably affect your on page search engine optimization. But there are good and bad things that come with editing your titles.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjalisharma89 View Post
    On my blog, I have some old posts that I would change its titles because they are old and not fit to targeted keywords at this time. But I am wondering it will hurt my SEO if I change the title completely on these blog posts? I mean I'd leave n ew targeted keywords in them but they will be different!

Thank you!
    Why only title? You should go for re-framing blogs with better perpectives if you think your blogs have performed well in the past.

If you change the title of the Website/Blog but do not change the key keyword and its position it will not affect much. Follow the guidance of SEO professionals:
    • Research keywords and create the title one of the most standards, do not make much change
    • If need to change, consider and research the keyword again for accuracy
    • Changing the title frequently, Google will have to update and change your keyword rankings again, you will face more disadvantages
    • If your previous keyword attracts many customers and now it's gone, you should change the title and optimize the article for the SEO standard

if your blogs are old and they don't drive traffic and not ranking on top, you should go for modification.
    if the blog is ranking on the first page, I advise you not to change it.
    if you change the title of the old blog, do change the content also. target the new keyword in content also. it will give you a better result.

Thank you!

Yes it will effect your webpage SEO. Google will need to crawl the new title and provide you with benefits. A relevant title will help to rank the webpage higher in search results.
    Cheap VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
    Windows VPS Hosting | Windows with Remote Desktop
    Cheap Dedicated Server | Free IPMI Setup

Yes. Changing in Post Title will definitely affect SEO of your Blog. But after changing, submit sitemap.xml again and then implement backlinks using the new title and url.

Yes, page title is the important factor in the SEO. You will loose the ranking if you will update the page title. The effect of it will happen until the next index linking by Google. Google will re-index your post and see what you have on the title, description and event in the content. However, these parts should match each other with new keywords.

I advice you rather than changing page title, content should be modified.

You can change the structure of your title and actually get two keywords in there, just make sure the title still make sense and it's not just "Keyword keyword keyword keyword" because it will just look like spam.

after you edit the post title you need to submit it to google to index it again if you donot index manually google ill take time to crawl again the title and it will take time and it might reduce the seo ranking but if you index it manually after the edit, chances are seo ranking can get improve but the page title should contain or match the keyword.

Thank you!
    I think it definitely affects the development of your site. In general, I experimented a lot and tried to do seo promotion of my website with reviews, but itÂ’s really difficult and it takes a lot of time. In addition, it requires special skills and experience. After my failures, I decided to find a reliable company with a good reputation for this. There are few large SEO Company in Canada, and most turn to one of the best SEO Companies in Canada. These guys are real professionals. Within a month, the number of results for my keywords was increased by 72 percent, and my site went up to the second page in Google search results. So I advise you not to risk with SEO promotion and appeal to these guys. This is just a friendly recommendation.