Google Again: We Don't Look At Analytics Bounce Rates For Ranking

And, we've been revolving our efforts around lowering bounce rates, aren't we?
    John Mueller of Google said in a webmaster hangout video said: "I think there's a bit of misconception here that we're looking at things like the analytics bounce rate when it comes to ranking websites, and that's definitely not the case."

Let's look back then, in 2008, Google said that bounce rates are not good signals.

We have come so far & Google is constantly changing.

What are your thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by nikki shah View Post
    And, we've been revolving our efforts around lowering bounce rates, aren't we?
    John Mueller of Google said in a webmaster hangout video said: "I think there's a bit of misconception here that we're looking at things like the analytics bounce rate when it comes to ranking websites, and that's definitely not the case."

Let's look back then, in 2008, Google said that bounce rates are not good signals.

We have come so far & Google is constantly changing.

What are your thoughts on this?
    Its right..but if you are thinking in dept about it then you will get your answer. Its not a direct factor but somewhere it will help in the ranking. How?

Bouncing isn't always bad. think of a weather site or a dictionary site. users go, look up the word or the weather in their city, and leave. that's good. they got their answer. you don't look up other words or look at the weather in other cities. And making me visit multiple pages to get the answer is worse than having me bounce.